If you have been injured in an accident call Richardson car accident lawyer Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has proven results in getting settlements for our clients at the full value of their case. We provide aggressive, powerful, and experienced representation for our clients. We can start on your case today.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented residents of Richardson, Texas since 1997. We have settled thousands of cases with millions in settlements for our clients in accident cases.
The Texas Department of Transportation’s data shows there were 2,013 auto accidents in Richardson in 2019, there were 13,857 accidents in Collin County, Texas and 55,346 accidents in Dallas County, Texas. Accident numbers are going up due in large part to the number of people driving while distracted. Drivers are talking on their phones or texting and driving. The higher number of accidents causes a higher number of people injured by those accidents.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents those people injured in accidents. We provide a wide variety of services for our car accident cases depending on what our clients need. The most common services provided are the following:
1) We collect payment from the insurance company for medical bills caused by the accident. This includes medication, ambulance, emergency room, emergency room doctors, family doctors, chiropractors, therapists, specialists, and any other type of bill related to our client’s injuries.
2) If a client does not know where to go for medical treatment, or if they are unsure how they can pay for treatment for their injury we help them find medical facilities that can treat them and defer collections on billing until after the insurance company pays for the injury claim.
3) We get the evidence needed to prove the other driver is at fault in the accident in order to fight any attempt the insurance company may make to place blame on our clients for the accident.
4) If our client has lost time from work we get the documentation needed to get them compensated for their lost earnings.
5) Our office gets the evidence for all our client’s injuries, including their pain and suffering and any other way the injury has caused harm. We get the full settlement value of their claim for their injury.
We provide free case reviews, and there is no fee unless you win! Call (972) 599 4100 and we will start working on your case immediately.
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
RICHARDSON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST
If you have been involved in an accident the following checklist will guide you through the process to ensure your rights are protected. The checklist includes things to do in case of injury. The checklist also provides specific resources for Richardson, Texas residents who have been in accidents.
Immediately after an accident, you need to:
1) Check everyone for injuries. First, you need to make sure you are not more injured than you realize. The shock, trauma, and unexpected nature of an accident sometimes causes people to not realize they are hurt. Next check on passengers in your vehicle. After that, you should check on the occupants in the other vehicles involved in the accident. If anyone has been injured get help.
2) If anyone is hurt you need to call 911. Tell the dispatcher about any injuries. Police and paramedics will be sent to the scene. Police secure the scene of the accident, assist injured people until paramedics arrive, investigate the accident and take statements from people involved in the accident.
3) Witnesses. If there are witnesses get their names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, and any other contact information they can give. This way if the other driver changes their story when the police arrive, or when they report the accident to their insurance company, you have the witness information to help clarify what happened. Give the witness information to your lawyer.
NOTE: If you are too injured to do any of these steps you need to get friends or family to the scene to help you get the information on this checklist.
4) Drivers involved need to exchange information. Texas law states that any driver involved in an accident must provide their identification and auto insurance information when requested. Take pictures of the identification and insurance information produced.
5) Photograph the damage to the vehicles. Take pictures of the damaged areas or points of impact on your vehicle and all other vehicles.
Photograph the roadway showing the direction you were coming from and the direction you were heading. Do the same for each other vehicle involved – take pictures of the direction they were traveling and the direction they came from.
6) Cooperate with the investigating police officer. Give them your statement about what happened. The officer will write a report based on the statements they are given. You need to make sure the officer has heard your version of what happened.
The Richardson Police Department provides copies of reports in person at the Records Unit. Information can be found here: Records Unit at the Richardson Police Department.
Accident reports can also be obtained through the Texas Department of Transportation’s online portal here: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports.
7) Listen to the paramedics. If the paramedics tell you that you should go to the emergency room, you need to take their advice. Paramedics are trained in looking for symptoms or signs that could indicate a serious problem.
Emergency Rooms: If you decide to drive yourself or have someone else drive you to the emergency room the following emergency rooms are located in Richardson, Texas:
Texas Health Emergency Room – 1291 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, Texas. Phone +1 972 301 4300
Methodist Richardson Medical Center Emergency Room – 2831 E President Bush Hwy, Richardson, Texas. Phone +1 469 204 8000
ER Near Me Richardson – 15767 N Coit Rd, Richardson, Texas. Phone +1 469 706 9296
Children’s Health PM Urgent Care Richardson – 1291 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, Texas. Phone +1 972 449 7677
PrimaCare Medical Center – 1810 N Plano Rd, Richardson, Texas. Phone +1 972 664 9888
8) Don’t talk to anyone from the insurance company if you have been injured. The insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as they can for injury claims. If you say anything to the adjuster that they can use to deny your claim they will do so. Let your lawyer communicate with the insurance company for you.
9) Get medical treatment for your injury. If you do not know how you can afford treatment or do not know where to go for treatment after an accident, the Law Office of Doug Goyen will help you find medical facilities that will treat your injuries and will defer collections on the billing for that treatment until the insurance company pays the injury claim.
10) Take pictures of any visible injuries. The adjuster will want proof of any injury claimed, and pictures of visible injuries help show at least the visible injuries.
11) Ge your own estimate on your damaged vehicle. The insurance adjuster’s estimate is always lower than the actual cost to repair the vehicle. They write a check with that low original estimate in the hopes people will use that money for other costs and never have their vehicle repaired. This practice saves insurance companies millions each year by avoiding paying the full value of the damage their driver caused.
Additionally, if a dispute arises about liability and you need to file a lawsuit to collect for the damage to your vehicle you want to have an estimate as proof of what it will cost to show the court. Otherwise, you will be stuck with only the insurance company’s estimate showing an amount that is actually less than what the repairs will cost.
Body Shops: Body shops usually do free estimates – they want your business. Body shops in Richardson include:
Premier AutoSports Collision Center – 509 N Interurban St, Richardson, Texas
Caliber Collision – 666 N Central Expy, Richardson, Texas
Collision Masters – 101 E Main St, Richardson, Texas
Central Collision Repair – 330 S Central Expy, Richardson, Texas
Atlas Auto Body & Paint – 405 S Central Expy, Richardson, Texas
Rental Cars: If you need a rental car while your vehicle is undrivable or in the shop be sure to get the rental car company to set up direct billing through the insurance company so the rental car company gets payment direction from them. Rental car companies in Richardson, Texas include:
Budget Car Rental – 505 S Central Expy, Richardson, Texas
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 410 N Central Expy, Richardson, Texas
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 499 W Arapaho Rd, Richardson, Texas
Hertz – 233 N Central Expy, Richardson, Texas
12) Give copies of any expenses or bills to your attorney. Anything you pay or owe due to the accident. Make sure you give them to your attorney so you can be reimbursed by the insurance company.
13) Be careful about social media posts. Assume that the insurance company’s adjuster and lawyers will see anything you post. Do not post anything that can be used against you.
14) Hire the Law Office of Doug Goyen. Our office handles auto accident personal injury claims. Attorney Goyen is a Richardson car accident lawyer. We will take care of your claim, deal with the insurance company, and collect the compensation you deserve for your injury. We look forward to hearing from you and starting to work on your case today.
FREE CASE REVIEWS
We offer free case reviews and strategy sessions for auto accident injury cases. If you or someone you know needs the assistance of a Richardson car accident lawyer in an injury case call (972) 599 4100. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. Call today.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
RICHARDSON, TEXAS INFORMATION
Richardson, Texas is located in Dallas and Collin Counties and is part of the larger DFW Metroplex in North Texas. Richardson’s estimated 2019 population is 121,323 people. Richardson received its charter in 1873. Richardson is the location of the corporate headquarters for Metro by T-Mobile, Wingstop Restaurants, BlueCross BlueShield of Texas, and Fujitsu Network Communications.
Visitors who have accidents in Richardson: If you are visiting Richardson and have an auto accident and unexpectedly have the need for lodging and food while you deal with your accident, the following restaurants, hotels, and activities are in the Richardson, Texas area:
Restaurants in Richardson include Fusion Vibes Kitchen + Bar at 100 S Central Expy #50, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen at 725 S Central Expy, Sushi Sake at 2150 N Collins Blvd, Ali Baba Mediterranean Grill at 2103 N Central Expy, and LA Burger at 2000 N Plano Rd, Richardson, Texas.
Hotels in Richardson, Texas include DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas – Richardson at 1981 N Central Expy, Hyatt Regency Richardson – Dallas at 701 E Campbell Rd, Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley at 1000 S Sherman St, and Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson at 1655 N Central Expy, Richardson, Texas.
Directions to our main North Dallas Office: (Click the following link for directions to our Addison office: Law Office of Doug Goyen)
Our office is conveniently located off the North Dallas Tollway a few miles from the Galleria. We located in the Madison Business Center at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001.
Directions to our office from Richardson are as follows: Head west on 635 and exit Tollway North, from the tollway, exit Keller Springs Road – stay in the far left lane, take a u-turn under the tollway on to the Parkway, our office is the second building on your right. The Madison Business Center.
Please Review us at:
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving