If you need a Carrollton car accident lawyer call (972) 599 4100 and we will start working on your case today. The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides aggressive, experienced, and powerful representation for car accident injury cases. Our proven results are consistent and dependable in getting settlements for their full value for our clients in auto accident injury claims.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented residents of Carrollton, Texas since 1997. We have settled thousands of cases and obtained millions of dollars for our clients in auto accident injury cases.
In 2019 there were 2,518 car accidents reported in Carrollton, Texas according to the Texas Department of Transportation. Distracted driving, including people talking on their phones or texting and driving, has caused a sharp increase in the number of accidents in recent years. The number of people injured in accidents has increased as the number of accidents has increased.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents those people injured in accidents. We provide a wide variety of services to our clients injured in auto accidents. Each case is different, so the services vary depending on what our clients need in their particular case. Common among most car accident injury cases are the following services:
1) Getting our client’s medical bills paid by the insurance company involved. Bills typically include ambulance, emergency room, ER doctors, family doctors, specialists, chiropractors, therapists, medication, and other medical-related expenses or bills related to an accident.
2) When clients do not know where to go for treatment, or how they can afford medical treatment for their injury we help our clients find medical facilities that can treat them. We help our clients find medical facilities that will agree to defer collections on their billing until the auto insurance company pays for the injury claim.
3) We investigate and gather the evidence needed to prove the other driver caused the accident. This is used to fight any insurance company attempt to get out of paying any part of the claim owed.
4) Documentation is gathered of any lost income for our clients. If our clients lose time from work they need to be compensated for their losses and we gather the evidence needed to prove this part of the claim.
5) We get the full settlement value of our client’s injury claims so our clients are paid for their injury. We present information showing the pain and suffering and any other types of injury done to our client so the insurance company gets the full picture of their claim and makes a full value offer.
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
CARROLLTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST
This checklist provides items needed to be covered in an automobile accident. The list includes things to do if an injury is involved. The list also provides resources for people in Carrollton, Texas involved in accidents.
1) Check for any injuries. Check yourself first. Accidents are unexpected, sudden, and traumatic. The shock of being in an accident sometimes causes people to not realize they are injured at first. After checking yourself, check on your passengers. After that, you should check on the occupants of the other vehicles involved in the accident. If anyone has an injury get help.
2) 911 needs to be called. Tell the dispatcher on the 911 call about any injury. The dispatcher will have police and paramedics sent to the scene. The police will secure the area, help anyone who is injured until paramedics arrive, and then take statements from the people involved.
3) Get witness information. Get any witnesses’ names, phone numbers, emails, addresses, and any other contact information they can provide. You may feel the witness is not needed if the other driver is admitting fault, but that other driver might change their story when the police arrive, or when they report the accident to their insurance company.
NOTE: If you cannot perform anything on this checklist due to your injury you need to call family members or friends out to the scene to help you with the checklist.
4) Get identification and insurance from all drivers involved in the accident. Texas requires any driver involved in an accident to provide identification and their auto liability insurance to anyone else who has been involved in the accident. It does not matter if they think they are at fault or not. The law requires drivers to exchange this information regardless of fault. Take a picture with your cellphone of any ID and insurance provided.
5) Get photos of any damage to all the vehicles involved in the accident. Take pictures of the points of impact on each vehicle, including your own vehicle.
Take pictures of any debris on the roadway from the accident and any skid-marks on the road.
Take pictures of the road in the direction you were heading and in the direction you came from. Take pictures of the road in the direction the other drivers were headed and where they were coming from as well.
6) Tell the police officer what happened in the accident. The officer will take statements from each person involved individually. Make sure they get your statement so your version of what happened is included in the police report. If you are injured you need to let the officer know, even if it is only pain or discomfort, if the pain is due to an injury it will likely get worse as the day goes on.
Carrollton Police Department Accident Reports: A description of how to obtain accident reports is online with the Carrollton Police Department.
Carrollton Police Accident Reports can be ordered online through the Texas Department of Transportation’s online portal here: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports.
7) Let the paramedics check your injury. Paramedics are trained to look for signs or symptoms of serious issues. If the paramedic advises you to go to the emergency room you need to follow that advice.
If you decide to drive yourself or have someone else drive you to the emergency room, Carrollton, Texas has the following emergency rooms:
Carrollton Regional Medical Center Emergency Room – 4343 N Josey Ln, Carrollton, Texas
CareNow Urgent Care – Carrollton – 1017 W Hebron Pkwy, Carrollton, Texas
Castle Hills ER – 4228 N Josey Ln, Carrollton, Texas
Concentra Urgent Care – 1837 W Frankford Rd, Carrollton, Texas
Concentra Urgent Care – 1345 Valwood Pkwy Ste 306, Carrollton, Texas
8) Do not speak to the insurance company. If you are injured the insurance adjuster’s job is to try and pay as little as possible for your injury claim. If they can get you to say something that allows them to deny the claim then they will do so. Get your attorney to talk to the insurance company for you.
9) Get medical treatment for your injury. If you do not know where to go for treatment or if you are unable to afford the treatment needed for your injury, the Law Office of Doug Goyen will help you find medical facilities that can treat you and defer collections on their billing until the automobile insurance company makes the payment for your injury.
10) Get photographs of any injuries that are visible. Insurance adjusters demand proof that your injury is related to their accident. Photographs of visible injuries provide proof.
11) Get your own estimate on the damage to your vehicle. Insurance companies write their estimates below the amount it will take to repair the damage. This is intentional. They know that a certain percentage of people will use the check they issue on that original low estimate to pay for other costs or expenses and will never have their car repaired. Insurance companies use this technique to avoid paying millions of dollars in claims they actually owe each year.
You need your own estimate in case there is a dispute. If the insurance company decides to deny the claim, then you need your own estimate for proof of how much it will cost to repair your vehicle. Without your own estimate, the only evidence you can provide the court is the insurance company’s estimate – which is lower than what it will actually cost to do the repairs.
Body shops in Carrollton usually will do free estimates for people involved in accidents. They want your business. The following Carrollton body shops will do estimates and repairs on your vehicle:
Texas Body Works – 2415 Midway Rd #111, Carrollton, Texas
Joe Hudson Collision Center – 2253 Old Denton Rd, Carrollton, Texas
Service King Collision Carrollton – 2309 Midway Rd, Carrollton, Texas
AUTO COLLISION BODY REPAIR – 1961 Frankford Rd E Ste 110, Carrollton, Texas
Pro-Tec Automotive Repair & Body Shop – 2016 Keller Springs Rd Ste 140, Carrollton, Texas
Rental cars can be obtained in Carrollton, Texas at the following rental car facilities. Make sure your rental car company sets up direct billing with the auto insurance company so they are paid directly by the insurer:
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 2309 Midway Rd, Carrollton, Texas
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 2253 Old Denton Rd, Carrollton, Texas
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 1725 S Interstate 35E Ste 120, Carrollton, Texas
12) Keep records of your bills and receipts. Give copies of anything you have had to pay or anything you owe to your attorney so they can get you reimbursed for your costs and expenses due to the accidents.
13) Be careful what you put on social media. Assume the insurance company will see what you post. Do not post anything that can be used against your injury or against you in any way.
14) Hire a lawyer to handle your claim. Hire someone who does personal injury cases related to auto accidents. Talk with the lawyer before hiring them. If a law office does not let you speak to their lawyer before asking you to sign a contract, do not sign up with that law office.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100. Attorney Goyen looks forward to talking to you about your case. We will start working on your case immediately.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Do you need a Carrollton car accident lawyer? The Law Office of Doug Goyen offers a free phone consultation and a free strategy session regarding personal injury cases. The strategy session includes obtaining a summary of your case, identifying legal issues involved with your case, and identification of the important issues that will help you maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. If you or someone you know needs assistance in an injury case call (972) 599 4100.
Directions to our main North Dallas Office: (Click the following link for directions to our Addison office: Law Office of Doug Goyen)
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001
Directions to our office from Carrollton: Head east on the George Bush Tollway. Stay on the George Bush until you come to the North Dallas Tollway. Head south on the North Dallas Tollway. Stay on the North Dallas Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road and pass Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
Please Review us at:
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
- Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer
- Dallas DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Dram Shop Lawyer
- Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving