The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents people for personal injury cases related to accidents and has been helping clients recover compensation for their injuries from those accidents since 1997. Attorney Doug Goyen is a Dallas bicycle accident lawyer handling auto accidents including those where bicyclists are hit by automobiles. We provide expertise, experience, and representation you can count on to get you compensated for your injury.
We have handled thousands of personal injury cases and obtained settlement funds worth millions of dollars for our clients. If you require the services of a Dallas bicycle accident lawyer, please call (972) 599 4100 or use our website contact form. There is no fee unless you win. We will start on your case today.
•Are you concerned because you have been injured and have medical bills that must be paid?
•Are you concerned about where you can get medical treatment and how you will pay for it?
•Are you missing work because of your injury and losing income/money?
•Would you like to receive the full settlement value for your injuries sustained in this accident?
•Do you want an attorney who will help you maximize the value of your settlement?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100. We obtain reimbursement for our client’s medical expenses. We assist in locating medical facilities that can treat injuries caused by being hit by a car. We obtain the evidence required to recover your lost income. We gather evidence to prove the full value of your personal injury so that you can be compensated.
If you were injured while riding your bicycle by a motorist, please contact us at (972) 599 4100 to discuss your case. The call is free. We don’t charge a fee unless we win your case!
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
DALLAS BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST
The following checklist is intended for people who have been hit by a car while riding their bicycle.
1) Examine yourself for injuries. Being hit by a car while riding a bicycle is unexpected and unexpected. It is also a traumatic event. As soon as you gather your senses, you will most likely be in shock. Before you try to move around, make sure you don’t have any serious injuries. If you are injured in any way, whether you believe the injuries are serious or not, you must seek medical attention immediately.
2) If you are injured, call 911. If you are hit by a vehicle while riding your bicycle, you must call 911 so that police and paramedics can examine you. The police will look into the accident, and paramedics will assess you for any serious injuries.
3) Obtain contact information for witnesses. Gather any witnesses’ contact information. Obtain names, phone numbers, email addresses, and any other contact information they are willing to provide you with. Witnesses may not wait for the police to arrive. You must obtain their contact information before they depart.
4) Obtain a driver’s license and auto insurance. After an accident, Texas law requires a driver to provide identification and proof of auto liability insurance. Take a photo of the driver’s ID and insurance information with your cellphone if you have one.
5) Photograph the damage to your bike and vehicle, as well as the scene. Take pictures of the damage to your bike as well as any damage to the vehicle that hit you. Photograph the accident scene as well. Take photos of the direction you were going on your bike, as well as the direction you were coming from. Take photos of the direction in which the vehicle that hit you was traveling, as well as the direction in which they came from. Take photos of any on-the-ground debris from the collision, such as broken glass. Photograph any skid marks that may have been left on the ground.
NOTE: If you are unable to do any of the above, you must bring a friend or family member to the scene to assist you.
6) Inform the police of what occurred in the accident. Tell the police what happened when they arrive. The officer will speak to each person involved separately, away from the rest of the group. Inform the officer of what occurred so that your version of the accident is included in the police report.
7) Pay attention to the paramedics. If the paramedics advise you to go to the emergency room, you should do so. Paramedics are trained to look for signs of traumatic injuries that could be serious or even fatal. If they tell you to, go to the ER.
8) Be aware of your symptoms. If your symptoms worsen later in the day and you feel the need to go to the emergency room, do not hesitate. Go to the doctor and get yourself checked out.
9) Seek medical attention for any injuries you may have. If you are injured, you must consult with a medical professional. If you are unsure where to go, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can assist you in locating a medical provider who will see you for your injuries. If you are unable to pay for treatment, we can assist you in locating a medical facility that will defer billing until your insurance company pays for your injury.
10) Get an estimate for your bike’s damage. If your bicycle is damaged, you must be compensated for the damage. Some bicycles are exorbitantly priced. Get an estimate for your bicycle from a repair shop. If the damage is too severe for repairs, obtain documentation demonstrating the cost of replacing your bicycle (similar age and condition bicycle).
11) Photograph any visible injuries. If you do not provide proof of a large bruise, road rash, and lacerations, the insurance company will not believe you.
12) If you are injured, do not speak with the automobile insurance adjuster. If you have been injured by a car, do not speak with the insurance adjuster. The insurance adjuster’s job is to try to reduce the amount of money paid by the insurance company for injury claims. They will deny your claim if they can. Adjusters ask questions in order to elicit responses that will allow them to deny a portion or all of a claim.
Engage the services of a lawyer to represent you in negotiations with the insurance company. A Dallas car accident lawyer who handles car accidents and bicycle accidents understand how to present your claim in a way that does not jeopardize your ability to collect compensation for your injuries.
13) Be cautious about what you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster, investigator, and lawyers will see anything you post on social media. If you post photos of yourself having fun with friends or family and appearing to be in good health, the insurance company will use those photos against your injury claim.
14) Do your homework and hire a personal injury attorney. If you have been injured, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer. Before you hire a personal injury lawyer, do your research. Inquire with friends and family if they have any experience with personal injury lawyers who handle car or bicycle accidents. Actually speak with the attorney, not the claims manager. If you can’t reach the attorney or get a return call, don’t use him or her.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100, or contact us on our website contact form.
BICYCLISTS HIT BY AUTOMOBILES
If you are hit by a car while riding your bike, your medical bills and time away from work can quickly add up. Often, the insurance company will fight, claiming that the bicyclist should have yielded to the car.
Bicyclists have the right to ride on public roads. Insurance adjusters treat a bicycler’s injury in an unfair and unjust manner, employing bias and broad generalizations to avoid paying for what their driver caused.
Bicycling can be a great way to exercise and get in shape. Cycling is one of the most effective cardiovascular workouts you can give your body. The impact on your joints and body, in general, is usually minimal as well (compared to other cardio exercising like running). Cycling is one of the world’s most popular forms of exercise.
Unfortunately, cycling can be dangerous due to the carelessness of some automobile drivers. Some drivers fail to pay attention to what is going on in front of or around them on the road. Drivers of automobiles can be quite dangerous to cyclists when they are distracted by cell phones, radios, or children yelling in the back seat. The automobile protects its driver, but a bicycle does not protect its rider. An automobile accident involving a bicycle can result in serious injuries or death.
We represent people who have been injured in bicycle accidents or who are the survivors of cyclists who have been killed in road accidents.
The injuries sustained in a bicycle accident can be severe. Spinal injuries to the back or neck, torn ACL of the knee, lacerations/cuts, broken bones, head or brain trauma injuries, or ligament damage are all possibilities. You may owe money on medical bills or have lost your job. You may be unable to carry out your normal daily activities. We can assist you in discussing your options and developing a strategy to address all of the problems listed above. Call our Dallas bicycle accident attorney to discuss your case.
FREE CASE REVIEW
For those looking for a Dallas bicycle accident lawyer, we provide free phone consultations and strategy sessions. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, the legal issues identified during the session, and identification of the most important of those legal issues to help you maximize your recovery on the case. We will email you a copy of this strategy session for your records.
CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout Texas. This includes vehicle crash cases (car accident cases, 18-wheeler accident cases, motorcycle accident cases, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the owner’s negligence.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on the property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury cases recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
INFORMATION ABOUT ATTORNEY GOYEN
Our firm has handled thousands of injury cases, including disputed claims, trials, and other difficulties encountered by those seeking compensation from insurance companies as a result of their injuries. Doug Goyen worked as an injury claims adjuster for the insurance industry for many years before becoming a lawyer in 1997. Doug Goyen graduated from SMU’s Dedman School of Law in 1997, was admitted to the Texas bar that same year, and has been handling auto accident injury cases since then. Our experience, knowledge, and training assist in ensuring that you have the best representation for your case.
Directions to our main North Dallas Office: (Click the following link for directions to our Addison office: Law Office of Doug Goyen)
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001
Please Review us at:
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Dallas Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Dallas DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Dram Shop Lawyer
- Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Wrongful Death Lawyer
Related Personal Injury Pages: