TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
1) Injured in an Auto Accident: We represent people injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our clients are those who were injured by the negligence of another person who caused the injury. Car Accidents: The Law Office of Doug Goyen’s Dallas- Fort Worth auto accident attorneys represent people who have been injured in a car accident. Your Dallas car accident lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen takes care of your claim and ensures you recover the maximum amount of insurance coverage, from all the different insurance coverages, that your claim can receive. Typically collisions of vehicles are not “accidents”. They are usually the result of careless conduct, where the person knows what they are doing is careless. Acting without using proper care (careless behavior) is not “accidental” behavior, it is intentional behavior – and that intentional behavior that leads to the accident is why you are able to recover from that person. If a person intentionally decides to speed, or to try to beat a red light, or to text on your phone, or to drive when intoxicated or too tired, or to put on makeup while driving, or to mess with presets on their radio while driving in traffic, or to change lanes suddenly without checking to ensure the way is clear, etc, etc. These are not “accidents” that lead to these collisions as most people think of accidents. These are careless behaviors that are preventable that cause these injury collisions or injury “accidents”. This is why our law allows you to recover from negligent drivers who cause injury or damage. They usually do not intend to hurt anyone or damage anyone’s property, but they take the risk of doing so by participating in behavior that everyone knows will lead you to having an accident eventually – distracted driving, speeding, disregarding traffic devices, not paying proper attention to their surroundings, drunk driving, etc.
In most cases, a car accident injury is due to avoidable careless or negligent behavior, not accidental behavior. Dallas injury attorney representing Auto Accidents with injuries: A car accident injury or fatality can be life-changing. Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 to find out how our Dallas injury lawyer can help in your situation. People do not expect a car accident injury to happen. Most people have not budgeted for the costs of having to go to the emergency room, an ambulance ride, a CT Scan, the cost of your car’s deductible, lost time from work due to your injury, time off from work due to the hoops the insurance company is making you jump through. All this can put you in a big financial bind. If your injury is severe, then you don’t have the time nor the ability to fight the insurance company to cover all your financial needs. You are busy trying to heal or trying to help your loved one(s) heal. You have help, call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 and we can start putting the pieces back into place.
The Dallas injury lawyer assigned to your case takes over handling your personal injury claims for your case. Your attorney deals with the burden of negotiating with the insurance company, gathering all medical bills and records needed, gathering all other proof the auto insurance will require, and with dealing with the automobile insurance company, or other insurance company(s) that must be dealt with in order for you to recover the largest amount you are able to recover in your situation.
2) Injured in a Motorcycle Accident: We represent people injured while riding their motorcycles who are struck by negligent drivers.
3) Injured Riding a Bicycle and Hit by a Motor Vehicle: We represent people injured while riding their bicycles for exercise, transportation, or recreation, who were hit by a motor vehicle due to the negligence of the person driving the motor vehicle.
4) Injured While Walking as a Pedestrian and Hit by a Motor Vehicle: We represent people injured while walking as pedestrians who have been struck by a motor vehicle due to the negligence of the driver of the motor vehicle.
5) Injured by a Commercial Vehicle – 18 Wheeler, Work Truck, Bus, Taxi or other Work Vehicle: We represent people who have been injured by a commercial vehicle. In other words, if they were struck due to the negligence of the driver of an 18 wheeler, work truck, bus, taxi, or another work vehicle.
6) Injured by a Dog Bite or Animal Attack: We represent people who have been injured due to a dog attack or other animal who injures that person due to the negligence of the owner of that animal.
7) Injured in the Workplace while at your Job: We represent people who have been injured in their workplace due to the negligence of another employee, their employer, another company that was doing work at the same place, auto collision, or other causes of injury due to negligence.
8) Injured in a Store or other Premises such as a Slip and Fall: We represent people who have been injured in “slip and fall” accidents where the person who owned the premises was negligent, had a dangerous condition on their premises, and due to their negligence, the dangerous condition caused an injury.
9) Killed by the Negligence of Another Person or Company – Wrongful Death: We represent the estates and heirs of those killed by the negligence of others in what is called Wrongful Death cases.
10) Injured by the Negligence of a Company, Utility, or Municipality: We represent those who have been physically injured or killed by a negligent company, utility, or municipality.