Call (972) 599 4100 if you are needing a Lewisville car accident lawyer. We will start working on your case immediately. The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides experienced, aggressive, and powerful representation for clients injured in auto accidents. Our results are proven, dependable, and consistent in obtaining the full value of the settlement for our clients in personal injury claims from auto accidents.
Attorney Goyen has represented Lewisville residents since 1997 in car accident injury cases. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has handled thousands of car accident injury cases and obtained millions of dollars in settlements for their clients.
There were 2698 reported auto accidents in Lewisville, Texas in 2019 according to the Texas Department of Transportation. Much of the increase in the number of accidents in recent years is due to distracted driving. Drivers who multitask while driving – talking on their phones while driving or texting and driving. The increase in the number of accidents has caused an increase in the number of people injured in those accidents.
We represent people injured in car accidents. We provide a variety of services in representing car accident injury cases. Every case has its own issues, so services may vary depending on the circumstances. Most accident injury cases involve certain core services provided. These services include:
1) Ensuring the medical bills are paid by the auto insurance company. These include bills from doctors, hospitals, radiologists, ambulance, chiropractors, therapists, specialists, medication, and any other medical bill related to the accident.
2) If a client does not know where they need to go for treatment, we help them find medical facilities that can treat them for their injury.
3) If a client does not know how they can afford medical treatment for their injury, we help them find medical facilities willing to treat them and defer collections on their medical bills until the insurance company pays the injury claim.
4) We investigate and gather the evidence needed to prove the other driver is at fault for the accident. This helps convince the insurance company that they should accept liability and pay the claims involved.
5) We get the documentation needed for our clients to be reimbursed for lost income when clients have missed work due to the accident.
6) We provide the evidence and documentation to the insurance company to prove the full value of the pain and suffering and any other types of damages our clients have suffered so our clients get the full value of any settlement.
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
LEWISVILLE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST
The following checklist is a “To Do” list after an accident. Included in the checklist are things to do for any injury involved in the case. Additionally, there is specific information included for people involved in auto accidents in Lewisville, Texas.
1. Check injuries. Before you start moving around, make sure you are not injured more severely than you realize. The shock of an accident, due to it being unexpected, sudden, and traumatic, can sometimes cause people to not realize they are injured. Next, check your passengers for any injuries. Finally, check on the occupants of the other vehicles involved in the accident. If anyone is hurt get help immediately.
2. Call 911 for assistance. Let the 911 dispatcher know if anyone is injured. They will send police and paramedics to help. Police officers secure the scene, assist injured people until paramedics arrive, and then interview people involved in the accident.
3. Write down witness information. Get the names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, and anything else the witness can give you to contact them. Get this information even if the other driver is admitting fault. The other driver may change their story when the police arrive, or when they talk to their insurance company. You need the witness information in case of a dispute.
NOTE: If you cannot perform the steps in this checklist because of your injury, get a family member or friend to come to the accident scene to help you complete the checklist.
4. Get IDs and Auto Insurance Information. Exchange information with the other drivers involved in the accident. The law in Texas requires drivers involved in accidents to exchange their identification and insurance information with anyone else who has been involved in the accident. It does not matter who was at fault – so even if someone is disputing liability, they still are required to exchange this information.
Take photos of the IDs and insurance information for your records.
5. Take pictures of the damage to the vehicles and the accident scene. Get photos of the damage to each vehicle involved, including your own. If you cannot see the damage clearly, get photos of the point of impact on the vehicle in question.
Photograph any skid marks or debris on the road from the accident.
Photograph the road in the direction you were traveling and in the direction you were coming from. Do the same for any other vehicles involved – take photos of the direction they were traveling and where they came from.
6. Give your statement to the police officer. Police will interview each person involved individually. Make sure you give them your statement about what happened so your version of the accident is in the report.
Tell the officer if you have any injury, any pain, or any discomfort from the accident, so they note that in the report as well.
Lewisville Police Accident Reports: Information on ordering copies of the Lewisville Police Department accident reports is located here: Lewisville Police Accident Reports. Directions are there on how to get the report in person.
You can order a copy online through the Texas Department of Transportation. Typically accident reports are available in 2-3 weeks online at this portal: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports.
7. Tell the paramedics if you are injured. The paramedics will check you for signs and symptoms of any serious issue. If the paramedics advise you to go to the emergency room then you should follow their advice.
If you decide to drive yourself or have someone else drive you to the emergency room, the following emergency rooms are located in the Lewisville, Texas area include:
Medical City Lewisville Emergency Room – 500 W Main St, Lewisville, Texas
SignatureCare Emergency Center: Emergency Room – 1596 W Main St, Lewisville, Texas
CareNow Urgent Care – Lewisville – 1559 W Main St, Lewisville, Texas
8. Do not talk to the insurance company if you are hurt. The insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible for injury claims. If they can avoid paying the claim at all by getting you to say something that allows them to deny the claim, then that is exactly what they will do. Let your lawyer talk to the insurance company if you have been injured.
9. Get treatment for your injury. If you cannot afford medical treatment or do not know where to go for treatment for your injury, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can find medical facilities in your area that can treat you and defer payment for the bills until the auto insurance company makes payment on the injury claim.
10. Take pictures of visible injuries. The insurance company will demand proof that your injuries are related to the auto accident. Photos of the injuries go a long way towards showing that.
11. Get an estimate on your damaged vehicle. Get your own estimate. The insurance company will do an estimate, but their estimate is always lower than the actual cost of repairs. They do this because they know some people will be in financial difficulties after an accident and will use that money on other costs and never get their vehicle repaired. This saves the insurance company money when this happens since they then get out of paying the full amount they actually should owe.
12. You need your own estimate in case a dispute comes up. If the insurance company decides to deny the claim and you need to file a lawsuit for the damage to your vehicle you need proof of what it will cost to repair your vehicle. Without your own estimate, you will only have the insurance company’s estimate – which is lower than the actual cost to repair your vehicle.
Body shops in Lewisville will usually give free estimates to people involved in accidents – they want your business. The following body shops are in the Lewisville, Texas area:
Alex Paint & Body Shop – 545 E Main St, Lewisville, Texas
Mike’s Body Shop – 1028 TX-121, Lewisville, Texas
Caliber Collision – 975 E State Hwy 121 Business, Lewisville, Texas
Magic Touch Paint and Body – 999 TX-121, Lewisville, Texas
Service King Collision Lewisville – 750 E Jones St, Lewisville, Texas
If you need a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired the following rental car facilities are in the Lewisville area. Make sure they set up direct billing with the insurance company so they get paid directly from the insurer.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 301 Huffines Blvd, Lewisville, Texas
Budget Car Rental – 701 S Stemmons Fwy #130, Lewisville, Texas
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 750 Valley Ridge Cir Ste B, Lewisville, Texas
Budget Car Rental – 2403 S Stemmons Fwy Ste 115, Lewisville, Texas
13. Make a record of all bills and receipts. Keep copies of anything you have had to pay or now owe due to the accident. Get copies of this information to your attorney so you can be reimbursed for your expenses and bills owed.
14. Watch what you put on social media. The insurance adjuster and the lawyers for the insurance company will eventually see anything you post. Do not post anything that can be used against you in any way – for your injury or otherwise.
15. Hire a lawyer that handles personal injury cases involving auto accidents. Talk with the attorney before you hire them. Do not sign up with a law office that does not let you talk to the attorney before signing up with that office. Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen and speak to attorney Goyen about your accident. If you need a Lewisville car accident lawyer, we will get started on your case immediately. Call (972) 599 4100.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
If you or someone you know needs the assistance of a Lewisville car accident lawyer in an injury case call (972) 599 4100 for a free consultation and a free strategy session regarding your case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. Call us today.
LEWISVILLE, TEXAS INFORMATION
Lewisville, Texas is in Denton County, Texas, and is part of the larger DFW Metroplex. Lewisville has an estimated 2019 population of 109,212 people. Lewisville was first incorporated as a city in 1925.
Restaurants in Lewisville include the 54th Street Restaurant & Drafthouse at 2415 S Stemmons Fwy, the Prairie House Restaurant-Lewisville at 119 E Main St, BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse at 2609 S Stemmons Fwy, and Big Jack’s BBQ at 1168 W Main St, Lewisville, Texas.
Hotels in Lewisville include Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Lewisville-Vista Ridge Mall, TX at 2650 Lake Vista Dr, Best Western Plus Hotel Lewisville-Dallas at 330 E Corporate Dr, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas Lewisville at 780 E Vista Ridge Mall Dr, and SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dallas Lewisville at 720 E Vista Ridge Mall Dr, Lewisville, Texas.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented Lewisville residents as a Lewisville car accident lawyer since 1997. Call (972) 599 4100. We will start working on your case today.
DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Our office is conveniently located off the North Dallas Tollway a few miles from the Galleria. We are located in the Madison Business Center at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001. In addition, we have an office located in Dallas at 9502 Webb Chapel, Suite 205, Dallas, Texas 75220 (appt. only).
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
Please Review us at:
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving