The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents people who have been injured in auto accidents in Fort Worth, Texas since 1997. If you are looking for a Fort Worth accident lawyer we can help. We have settled thousands of car accident cases and recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients in those cases. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients.
The Texas Department of Transportation’s data shows that in 2019 there were 14,777 auto accidents in Fort Worth and 32,389 accidents in Tarrant County. Some of the trouble spots in Fort Worth are below. These intersections have a high volume of accidents each year.
Henderson St and Weatherford St had 119 accidents reported between 2012 to 2015
Bryant Irvin Rd and Southwest Blvd had 64 accidents reported between 2012 to 2015.
E. Lancaster Ave and Riverside Dr had 52 accidents reported between 2012 to 2015.
7th St and Henderson St had 52 accidents reported between 2012 to 2015.
Belknap St and Henderson St had 58 accidents reported between 2012 to 2015.
The number of accidents increases each year. Distracted driving is part of the problem with people trying to use their smartphones while driving their cars. As the number of accidents increases, the number of people injured in those accidents increases.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents those people injured in auto accidents and helps them in a variety of ways. Some of the most common ways we help our clients who are injured in auto accidents are:
Collecting money from the insurance company to pay medical bills for our client’s treatment. So they can pay the bills that were incurred for such things as the ambulance, emergency room, ER doctors, radiologists, medication, and follow-up treatment for injuries caused by the accident.
When our client does not know what kind of medical facility will provide treatment for their injury we help them find a medical facility.
When a client cannot afford to get the medical care they need for their injury we help them locate medical facilities that will agree to defer collections on their bills until the auto insurance company releases their payments for the injury.
Collecting money for our client’s lost income when they are forced to miss work due to their injuries caused by an accident.
Getting a settlement for the full value of our client’s pain and suffering, physical impairment, disfigurement, and any other injury caused to our client by the accident.
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
FORT WORTH ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST FOR ACCIDENTS WITH INJURIES
The following is a checklist of things to do after an auto accident with injuries. This checklist can be used in any car accident but has been designed for Fort Worth accident cases.
At the scene of the accident:
1. Check for any injuries and try to keep calm. A car wreck is sudden, unexpected, and a traumatic event. Try to keep calm after the accident. It is easy to be upset due to the accident but that will not help you at this moment.
First, check yourself for injuries. Often people are in shock after an accident and do not realize how serious their injury is. Look yourself over to make sure you are not more injured than you realize. Check your passengers for any injuries. If your passengers do not require any first aid then check on the occupants of the other vehicles involved. If anyone is hurt you need to get help immediately.
2. If anyone is injured you need to call 911. If anyone is injured call 911 and tell the dispatcher where you are, what happened, and let them know that people are hurt. The dispatcher will send the police to the accident scene to aid anyone injured, secure the area, and interview those involved in the collision. Once the paramedics arrive they will check on everyone to help with any injuries they may have.
3. If there are any witnesses around get their contact information. Look to see if there are any witnesses. People often stop to help after they witness an accident. Since they were not involved in the accident, they may leave once they feel they have done what they can to help. Do not wait for them to give you their information. You need to ask them for their name, phone number, and any other contact information they are willing to share. You may need them later to verify what happened. The other driver may be admitting fault, but once the police arrive they may change their story. If that happens you need to give the witness information to the police officer. The other driver might change their story after they leave the accident scene, after they talk to their spouse, or friends, or start worrying about their insurance rates. Give the witness information to the lawyer you hire in case it is needed.
4. Get identification information and insurance information from all other drivers. Texas Transportation Code section 550.023requires drivers involved in accidents to exchange identification information and exchange auto liability information with each other. Use your cellphone to photo any ID and insurance paperwork from the other drivers.
(NOTE: If you are too injured to do any of these steps you need to get a friend or family member to the scene of the accident to help you out with these steps.)
5. Photograph the damage to the vehicles and the accident scene. Take pictures of the damage to all the vehicles involved in the accident. Take photos of their license plates as well. Get photos of any skid marks on the ground and any debris from the accident that is on the roadway. Get some photos of the layout of the roadway as well. Take photos of the road in the direction you were traveling, and photos of the road in the direction you were coming from. Do the same for the other vehicles involved. Take photos of the road in the direction they were traveling, and the direction they were coming from.
6. Give the police officer your statement. Cooperate with the police officers when they arrive. Give the officers your statement so it is recorded in the accident report. Let the officer know if you are in any pain or have suffered an injury. If you have any pain the officer will get the paramedics to check on you. Again, because of the shock of the accident, you might not realize the seriousness of the injury. If you are hurting you should get checked out. Additionally, if you do not let them know they will probably indicate that you were not hurt on the accident report which the insurance company will see and will cause the adjuster to start thinking that you might not have been hurt in the accident. Let emergency personnel know if you are injured in any way.
If you are needing a copy of the accident report, the Fort Worth Police Department makes police crash reports available at the following link:
Fort Worth Police Department Reports and Records – 1000 Calvert St, Fort Worth, Texas.
Texas Department of Transportation: Texas DOT gets copies of all police crash reports in Texas. If it has been a few weeks since the accident date the report may be available on the Texas DOT website online located here: TxDOT Crash Reports Online
7. Let the paramedics examine you and follow their advice. Paramedics will examine you if you have been injured. They are trained to help people who have been injured in accidents. Their training includes looking for symptoms that may indicate you have a more serious injury than you realize. If the paramedics recommend you go to the emergency room to get checked out then you should go to the emergency room to make sure you are not suffering any type of life-threatening or serious injury.
If you are suffering a medical emergency from your accident and you need to go to the emergency room, the following links cover the locations and contact phones for many of the emergency rooms in Fort Worth, Texas:
John Peter Smith Hospital Emergency Department – 1575 S Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76104. Phone +1 817 702 8828
Medical City Fort Worth Emergency Room – 800 9th Ave Emergency, Fort Worth, TX 76104. Phone +1 817 877 5292
Texas Health Harris Methodist Emergency Room – 910 5th Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104. Phone +1 817 250 3333
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth Emergency Room – 6100 Harris Pkwy, Fort Worth, TX 76132. Phone +1 817 433 1200
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance Emergency Room – 10864 Texas Health Trail, Fort Worth, TX 76244. Phone +1 877 847 9355
Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center Emergency Room – 1400 8th Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104. Phone +1 817 926 2544
Surepoint Emergency Center Fort Worth North – 4551 Western Center Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76137. Phone +1 817 428 4055
iCare ER & Urgent Care – Fort Worth, TX – 5500 Sycamore School Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76123. Phone +1 682 707 9707
TotalCare Emergency Room – 1101 University Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76107. Phone +1 817 768 6455
Exceptional Emergency Center – Fort Worth – 1251 Eastchase Pkwy, Fort Worth, TX 76120. Phone +1 817 566 0285
Complete Care Camp Bowie – 6006 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76116. Phone +1 817 439 4912
Cook Children’s Medical Center Emergency Room – 801 7th Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104. Phone +1 682 885 4000
Kindred Hospital Tarrant County – Fort Worth Southwest – 7800 Oakmont Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76132. Phone +1 817 346 0094
Baylor Scott & White Urgent Care – Fort Worth – 1101 6th Ave Ste 110, Fort Worth, TX 76104. Phone +1 817 912 8360
After you leave the scene of the accident:
8. If you have been injured do not speak to any insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters look for ways to avoid paying part or even all of a person’s personal injury claim. They are trained and are experienced in asking questions that elicit responses they can use to help them avoid paying part or all of your personal injury claim from an accident. Protect your rights. Do not speak to the insurance adjuster. Hire a lawyer first and let them speak to the insurance company for you.
9. Follow up with a medical facility if you have been injured. If you need follow-up care for your injury but do not know where to get treatment, or do not know how you will afford treatment, we can help. The Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you find a medical facility that will treat you for your injury. Additionally, we can get the medical facility we help you find to defer collecting on any medical bills until the auto insurance company releases the funds for your injury case.
10. Photograph any visible injuries you may have. If you have bruising, cuts, scrapes, or any other type of visible injury from the accident be sure to take photos of the injury. The insurance adjuster requires proof of your injury and photos of visible injuries you suffered are often helpful in showing your injuries.
11. Get a repair estimate for your vehicle. Get your own estimate for the repairs to your vehicle. Do not rely on the insurance adjuster’s estimate only. The insurance company’s original estimate is always lower than the actual cost of repairs. When your vehicle is being repaired the body shop gets the insurance company to issue supplemental estimates and supplemental payments as the repairs are done. The problem with this is if the insurance company decides to deny liability in your case. If you need to file a lawsuit you need an estimate that shows the full cost of repairs to prove how much the damage to your vehicle is. The insurance company’s estimate does not do that.
Body shops in Fort Worth often offer free estimates for people who have been involved in accidents. They want your business. The following body shops in Fort Worth can do an estimate for your repairs, and can do the repairs as well:
Caliber Collision – 2510 White Settlement Rd, Fort Worth, Texas
Winstead Paint & Body Shop – 5329 White Settlement Rd, Fort Worth, Texas
Frank Kent Auto Body Shop – 3800 Southwest Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas
Service King Collision South Ft Worth – 9601 South Fwy, Fort Worth, Texas
Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting – 7229 S. Hulen St, Fort Worth, Texas
Service King Collision East Ft Worth – 7933 Ederville Rd, Fort Worth, Texas
12. Keep track of anything you pay for or anything you owe due to the accident. Make sure to keep copies of any bills and receipts you have for anything related to the accident or your injury from the accident. Give a copy of these bills and records to your attorney so they can get you reimbursed.
13. Watch out for what you post on social media. Be careful what you post on social media if you have been injured in an accident. Assume that the insurance adjuster and the insurance company lawyer will see what you post. If you are making an injury claim, they will want to see what you post during the time you claim you are injured. If they see posts that appear to them that you are not really that hurt, they will use that against your personal injury claim.
14. Hire a personal injury lawyer that handles auto accidents. If you have been injured in an auto accident you do need to hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you. Before hiring anyone, do your research on personal injury lawyers that handle car accidents. Speak to the lawyer before hiring a law office to represent you. Do not sign up through the law office’s case manager before you have had a chance to talk with the lawyer who is supposed to be representing you. If you cannot speak to the lawyer do not sign up with that law office. When you do speak to a personal injury lawyer tell them what happened, and let them know what your concerns are. Ask questions you need to be answered.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
WHAT WE CHARGE IN CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CASES
There is no fee unless you win! The Law Office of Doug Goyen charges contingency fees in personal injury cases involving auto accidents. We take a percentage of what we can recover in your personal injury case. The better we do for you, the more we are paid. This aligns our interests with your interests. If we are unable to recover compensation in your case then we are not owed any fee.
FREE CASE REVIEWS FOR AUTO ACCIDENT INJURY CASES
If you or someone you know needs a Fort Worth accident lawyer in an injury case call (972) 599 4100 for a free consultation and a free strategy session regarding your case, or contact us on our website contact form. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. Call us today.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen takes the time to listen to our clients and look out for their best interests. We remain in contact with our clients every step of the way because we believe that communication is vital in order to meet their needs and maximize recovery. Much of our business is a result of word of mouth and repeat clients and we believe this is due to the care and attention with giving each client. Contact The Law Office of Doug Goyen today at 972-599-4100, or contact us on our website contact form.
FORT WORTH, TEXAS INFORMATION
Fort Worth was originally incorporated in 1874 and named for Major General William J. Worth who commanded the Department of Texas in 1849. The city of Fort Worth, Texas is rich in Western heritage with a 2019 estimated population of over 909,505 people. Forth Worth, Texas is part of the DFW Metroplex that in 2010 is estimated to have over 6,800,000 people in Tarrant County, Johnson County, Parker County, Wise County, Dallas County, Denton County, Collin County, Ellis County, Hunt County, Kaufman County, and Rockwall County.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen services the entire Fort Worth area and its surrounding cities. We have proudly represented people in Fort Worth needing a personal injury lawyer for car accidents since 1997.
Auto accident resources in Fort Worth, Texas
Fort Worth Police Department – 350 W Belknap St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 392 4200
Fort Worth Police Department Auto Pound – 2500 Brennan Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76106. Phone +1 817 392 5950
Fort Worth City Hall – 200 Texas St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 392 2255
Tom Vandergriff Civil Courts Building – Tom Vandergriff Civil Courts Building, 100, N Calhoun St, Fort Worth, TX 76196. Phone +1 817 903 2220
Fort Worth Municipal Court – 1000 Throckmorton St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 392 6700
If you are visiting Fort Worth and have an auto accident that causes an unexpected need to stay in Fort Worth due to the accident, the following hotels and restaurants are a few that are located in Fort Worth and may be options for you to use.
Restaurants in Fort Worth, Texas
The Capital Grille – 800 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 348 9200
Reata Restaurant – 310 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 336 1009
Salata – 520 Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 885 7720
Salsa Limón – 550 Throckmorton St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 615 9760
Razzoo’s Cajun Cafe – 318 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 429 7009
Hotels in Fort Worth, Texas
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth Downtown – 1001 Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 332 5300
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth Downtown – 1111 W Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 698 9595
Aloft Fort Worth Downtown – 334 W 3rd St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 885 7999
Omni Fort Worth Hotel – 1300 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 535 6664
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown – 600 Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. +1 817 332 6900
Attractions in Fort Worth, Texas
Fort Worth Water Gardens – 1502 Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Phone +1 817 392 5700
Fort Worth Botanic Garden – 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107. Phone +1 817 463 4160
Stockyards Museum – 131 E Exchange Ave #113, Fort Worth, TX 76164. Phone +1 817 625 5082
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History – 1600 Gendy St, Fort Worth, TX 76107. Phone +1 817 255 9300
Fort Worth Zoo – 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, TX 76110. Phone +1 817 759 7555
DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Directions to our office from Fort Worth are as follows: From I-30, take I-30 to Dallas, once in Dallas take I-35 north. Exit on the right side to N. Dallas Tollway, follow past 635. About 2 miles north of 635 you will come to the Keller Springs exit. Take exit and U-turn under the tollway to head back south. Our building is the 2nd building on the right side of service road of N. Dallas Tollway. The Madison Business Center.
From I-635 exit Tollway North, from the tollway, exit Keller Springs Road – stay in the far left lane, make a u-turn under the tollway on to the Parkway, our office is the second building on your right – The Madison Business Center.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com