The Law Office of Doug Goyen has been providing legal services to residents of Garland, Texas since 1997. If you need a Garland car accident lawyer will help you recover the compensation you deserve. Attorney Goyen has resolved thousands of personal injury cases and collected millions of dollars in settlements for his clients. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients.
If you have been injured in a car accident you have concerns about medical bills, missed time from work and lost income, where to get medical treatment and how you can afford the treatment needed, how to get the full value for any personal injury settlement, and how to find a personal injury lawyer that will handle your car accident case.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen helps you get the money from the insurance company to get your medical bills paid, get your money for your lost income, and get you the full value of your personal injury settlement for your injury in the car wreck. We will help you find a medical facility that can treat you for your injury and get the medical facility to defer billing for your treatment until we can settle your case.
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT WITH INJURIES
The following is a checklist of things to do after a car accident with injuries. The list can help in any car accident but is written specifically for the Garland, Texas area.
1) Check for injuries. Auto accidents are sudden and unexpected traumatic events. Check yourself for injuries before you get out and start moving around. Sometimes people do not realize they are injured due to the shock of the accident. After checking yourself, check on your passengers. If your passenger does not need first aid, then check on the occupants of the other vehicles involved in the collision. If you are injured, or if anyone involved in the accident is injured, get help immediately.
2) Call 911 if there are any injuries. If anyone is hurt you need to call 911 and let the dispatcher know there are injuries. They will send out the police and paramedics. The police will help investigate the accident, and the paramedics will evaluate and attend to those who are injured in the accident.
The Garland Police Department is located here: Garland Police Department
3) Collect witness information. Witnesses to accidents often stop to help after an accident. Once they realize the police are on the way they often feel like it is fine for them to leave. Get their information before they leave. Get their names, phone numbers, email, or anything else they are willing to give so they can be contacted later in case their statement is needed.
4) Exchange information with other drivers. Exchange your identification and auto insurance information with the other drivers. Texas law requires everyone to exchange information after an accident regardless of fault. Use your cellphone to take photos of the other driver’s ID and auto liability insurance.
NOTE: If you are too injured to do this, you need to get a friend or family member to come to the accident scene and do these steps for you.
5) Take photos of the damage and of the scene of the accident. Use your cellphone to take photos of the damage and points of impact on all the vehicles involved in the accident – even if the vehicles have been moved, get photos of the damage and the areas of vehicles that came in contact with each other.
In addition to taking photos of the vehicles, take photos of the scene of the accident. Take photos of any debris on the ground and of any skid marks. Take photos of the roadway – in the direction you were traveling, and in the direction where you were coming from. Do the same with the other vehicles – take photos in the direction they were traveling, and take photos in the direction they were coming from.
6) Cooperate with the police officers investigating the accident. Talk to the police officers when they arrive at the scene. The officers will take each driver’s statement individually away from the hearing of others. When the officer interviews you be sure to give them your statement about what happened. This will help the officer write his police crash report.
You can contact the Garland Police Department’s police records here: Garland Police Records Unit
7) Follow the advice of the paramedics. When the paramedics arrive they will attend to anyone that is injured in the accident. If they advise you that you need to go to the emergency room for your injury you need to follow their advice. Paramedics are trained to deal with people injured by trauma in auto accidents. They are trained to look for symptoms that may indicate a serious or even life-threatening injury. It is better to be safe than sorry. Go to the ER if they advise it.
8) Hospitals in the Garland, Texas area if you need to go to the emergency room. If you decide to drive yourself to the emergency room or have someone you know drive you, these are some of the emergency rooms in and around Garland, Texas:
Exceptional Emergency Center – Sachse | Garland – 7545 Murphy Rd, Sachse, TX 75048. Phone +1 469 202 8658
Methodist Richardson Medical Center Emergency Room – 2831 E President George Bush Hwy, Richardson, TX 75082. Phone +1 469 204 8000
Surepoint Emergency Center Rowlett – 3301 Lakeview Pkwy, Rowlett, TX 75088. Phone +1 469 304 0282
CareNow Urgent Care – North Garland – 5106 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040. Phone +1 972 530 1900
CareNow Urgent Care – South Garland – 565 W Interstate 30, Garland, TX 75043. Phone +1 972 303 3030
Exceptional Urgent Care & Imaging Center – 4555 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042. Phone +1 469 638 8060
Urgent Care for Kids – Garland – 7150 N President George Bush Hwy Suite 100, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 214 919 3170
Concentra Urgent Care – 1621 S Jupiter Rd Ste. 101, Garland, TX 75042. Phone +1 214 340 7555
Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care – 6520 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 972 532 9967
Baylor Scott & White Urgent Care – North Garland – 7217 Telecom Pkwy Ste 100A, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 469 800 2530
Parkland Garland Adult Care Clinic – 802 Hopkins St, Garland, TX 75040. Phone +1 214 266 0700
Care Now – 5106 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040. Phone +1 972 530 1900
ARC GARLAND DEPARTMENT – 410 N Shiloh Rd, Garland, TX 75042. Phone +1 214 266 0004
Shiloh Urgent Care – 2630 Arapaho Rd Suite 200, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 469 543 6992
9) Follow up with medical care for your injury. After you have left the scene of the accident if you are still experiencing pain you need to find a medical facility to examine and treat whatever injury you have. If you do not know where to go for treatment or do not know how you will be able to afford treatment, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you find a medical facility to see you. We can help you find a medical facility that will accept a letter of protection from our law office that guarantees the medical facility they will be paid once the automobile insurance company releases the funds for your injury claim. This way you can get the treatment you need for your injury.
10) Get your own estimate on the damage to your vehicle. Do not rely on the insurance adjuster’s estimate alone. Insurance companies write their estimates lower than what it will cost to actually repair your vehicle with the expectation that your body shop will contact them for supplemental payments as they work on repairing your vehicle. The problem arises when there is a dispute with the insurance company about liability. If they will not pay for the damage until liability is resolved, then you may end up needing to file a lawsuit and include your damage to your vehicle in that lawsuit. If you do not have your own estimate, then you will be forced to rely on the insurance company’s low estimate and you will not recover the full value of your damaged vehicle.
Most body shops will do a free estimate for the repairs of your vehicle after an accident. The following body shops are in the Garland, Texas area and will likely do an estimate for you – they want your business:
The Body Shop Collision Repair – 2054 Forest Ln #450, Garland, TX 75042
Quality Collision Repair Center: Body Shop – 1418 W Avenue B, Garland, TX 75042
M&H Auto Sales and Body Shop – 111 W Avenue A, Garland, TX 75040
Rick’s Auto Service And Body Shop – 301 N 1st St, Garland, TX 75040
S & C Body Shop and Auto Repair – 4409 Forest Ln, Garland, TX 75042
If you need a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired, be sure to use a rental car company that will bill the auto insurance company directly. The following rental car companies are in the Garland, Texas area:
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 3602 Forest Ln, Garland, TX 75042
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 3601 S Shiloh Rd, Garland, TX 75041
A-1 Rent A Car – 2530 W Kingsley Rd, Garland, TX 75041
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 646 E Interstate 30, Garland, TX 75043
11) Take good photographs that show the damage to your vehicle. If there is a dispute about the accident, the insurance company may try to claim that the impact was minor and could not have caused any injury. Often they send out their adjusters to take pictures of your vehicle at angles and lighting that hide the damage to your vehicle and use those photos as “proof” of how minor your impact must have been.
Take your own photos of the damage to your vehicle. Make sure the angle of your photo and the lighting actually shows the damage in the photo. Take photos both at a distance (so the damage can be seen in relation to the entire vehicle) and closer up to get a better view of the damage.
12) Do not speak to any insurance adjusters before you hire a lawyer. If you have been injured in an auto accident do not speak to the insurance adjuster. The insurance adjuster’s job in injury claims is to pay as little as possible on the claim. If they can find a reason to deny your claim they will do so. They will ask questions that are designed to get you to say things that they can use against you. Personal injury lawyers that handle auto accidents recognize these types of questions and understand how to answer them. You do not have the same experience and may say something that causes the insurance company to deny part or all of your claim. Hire a personal injury lawyer to speak to the insurance company on your behalf.
13) Watch what you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster and the lawyers for the insurance company will see anything that you post on social media. Insurance companies love to capture images and posts on injured people’s social media and use that information against them. If you are injured and you post photos of you going out with friends or family, the insurance company will use those posts against you to say that you must not have been that hurt since you were going out on a regular basis with your friends and family.
14) Find a personal injury lawyer to help you with your car accident and injury claim. Do your research before hiring a personal injury lawyer. I suggest interviewing at least three personal injury lawyers before deciding on which one you will hire. You need to speak to the actual attorney regarding your case before deciding. If you are pushed off to a case manager and not allowed to speak to the attorney, then do not go with that attorney’s office. You need to have a conversation with the lawyer who is actually representing you.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 for a free consultation with our Garland car accident lawyer, or contact us on our website contact form. We look forward to speaking with you about your case!
WHAT WE CHARGE FOR CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CASES
There is no fee unless you win. The Law Office of Doug Goyen charges a contingency fee on personal injury cases resulting from car accidents. A contingency fee is where we take a percentage of whatever we can recover for your injury case. The better we do for you, the more we are paid. This aligns our interests with your interests in getting a better settlement for your case.
FREE CASE REVIEWS
If you or someone you know needs the assistance of a Garland car accident lawyer in an injury case call (972) 599 4100 for a free consultation and a free strategy session regarding your case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
CITY OF GARLAND, TEXAS INFORMATION
Garland, Texas is located just northeast of Dallas, Texas. Garland has a history as a working-class city that makes things, such as Resistol Hats, the largest manufacturer of headwear in the world (part of Hatco, Inc.). Kraft Foods manufactures food products in Garland. There are aluminum parts businesses, oilfield equipment businesses, electronics businesses all in Garland, Texas.
Garland ISD has seven high schools. The city of Garland has a 2019 estimated population of over 239,928 people and is one of the top 12 most populated cities in the state of Texas.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has proudly provided services to the people in Garland, Texas since 1997.
Personal Injury Resources in Garland, Texas:
Garland Police Department – 1891 Forest Ln, Garland, TX 75042
Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center – 4445 Saturn Rd A, Garland, TX 75041
Garland City Auto Pound – 1630 Commerce St, Garland, TX 75040
Garland Municipal Court – 1791 W Avenue B, Garland, TX 75042
William E. Dollar Municipal Building – 200 N 5th St, Garland, TX 75040
If you are visiting Garland, Texas, and have an auto accident and you find yourself needing to make an unexpected stay in Garland due to the accident, the following are resources for restaurants, hotels, and things to do during your time here.
Restaurants in Garland, Texas:
Main Street Deli – 520 Main St A, Garland, TX 75040
Vitto’s Pizza & Grill – 2210 W Buckingham Rd, Garland, TX 75042
Ferah Tex-Med Kitchen – 690 Beebalm Ln, Garland, TX 75040
Gloria’s Latin Cuisine – 360 Coneflower Dr, Garland, TX 75040
In-N-Out Burger – 150 Town Center Blvd, Garland, TX 75040
Hotels in Garland, Texas:
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson – 5101 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040
Holiday Inn Dallas – Garland – 5110 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040
Tru by Hilton Garland Richardson – 5055 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040
Motel 6 Garland, TX – Garland – Northwest Hwy – 12721, I-635, Garland, TX 75041
Activities in Garland, Texas:
Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park – 3046 Lavon Dr #129, Garland, TX 75040
Rowlett Creek Preserve – 2525 Castle Dr, Garland, TX 75040
Garland City Square – 520 W State St, Garland, TX 75040
Central Park – 1310 W Avenue F, Garland, TX 75040
Spring Creek Forest Preserve – 1770 Holford Rd, Garland, TX 75044
Directions to our Office:
Our office is conveniently located off the North Dallas Tollway a few miles from the Galleria. We located in the Madison Business Center at:
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
Directions to our office from Garland are as follows: Head west on 635 and exit Dallas North Tollway heading north, from the tollway, exit Keller Springs Road – stay in the far left lane, take a u-turn under the tollway on to the service road, our office is the second building on your right. The Madison Business Center.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Liability Insurance in Auto Accidents
- Medical Payments Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks