Goyen Law has been representing Dallas residents who have been injured in car accidents for over 23 years. Thousands of cases have been settled, and our clients have received millions of dollars in compensation. Goyen Law offers our clients experience, expertise, and strong representation. In each and every case a Dallas car crash lawyer provides the client with the skillful and superior representation they deserve to receive the full and just compensation for their claims.
You have no control over what other drivers do. When the other driver hit you and injured you, you had no control. It’s time to take back control by contacting Goyen Law. Contact the Dallas auto accident attorneys who will protect your rights, seek the compensation you deserve, and guide you through your case with the experience, expertise, and zeal for justice that your case necessitates.
You can reach Goyen Law at (214) 295 7777. We can help you. The consultation is completely free of charge. You will not be charged unless and until you win.
HOW OUR DALLAS CAR CRASH LAWYER WILL HELP
According to studies, when auto accident victims are represented by an attorney rather than attempting to deal with an insurance company on their own, they receive a higher settlement.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 36,862 car accidents occurred in Dallas in 2019, with a total of 55,346 accidents reported in Dallas County. The following intersections in Dallas have the highest number of accidents.
- There were 133 reported accidents on Beltline Road at the North Dallas Tollway between 2012 and 2015.
- There were 132 reported accidents on Skillman Street at I-635 between 2012 and 2015. (LBJ Freeway).
- There were 105 reported accidents on Northwest Highway at Walton Walker Blvd between 2012 and 2015.
- There were 88 reported accidents on South Buckner Blvd at Military Parkway between 2012 and 2015.
- There were 78 reported accidents at the Julius Schepps exit to the Central Expressway on I-635 between 2012 and 2015.
The number of people injured as a result of accidents rises in lockstep with the number of accidents. Goyen Law represents those people who are victims of this increase in crashes and injuries. We can help you today. Call (214) 295 7777.
Following an accident, our Dallas car crash lawyer offers a variety of services aimed at recovering the maximum amount possible for your case, including:
- We help clients get compensation for past and future medical expenses.
- We conduct a thorough investigation.
- We examine all of the insurance policies involved.
- We help our clients find medical facilities when needed for treatment of an injury.
- We ensure that all paperwork is filed in a timely manner.
- We make certain our clients are compensated for their lost wages.
- We help clients with property damage, towing bills, storage fees, and rental costs if needed.
- We assist clients in recouping out-of-pocket expenses.
- We aggressively negotiate with the auto insurance company.
- We use our knowledge, experience, and expertise to obtain top settlement amounts for pain and suffering, physical impairment, disfigurement, and other accident-related losses.
When Goyen Law handles an auto accident claim, the client is getting a premier accident lawyer in the State of Texas. Call today and speak to a top Dallas Car Crash Lawyer. We can start on your case today.
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
WHAT CAN YOU GET PAID FOR AN AUTO ACCIDENT?
In Texas, if someone negligently injures or damages another’s property, they must pay. It is not the victim’s or society’s fault. Nobody wants an injury or pain. Economic Damages (damages that can be added up with bills, etc.) and Non-economic Damages are recoverable in Texas. Texas law requires compensation for damages caused by negligence, which includes the following:
Economic Losses in a Car Accident:
Past and future medical bills: Personal injury law allows a person to recover past and future medical bills incurred due to another’s negligence.
Past and future lost earning capacity: If injured due to someone else’s negligence, lost earnings are recoverable.
Loss of household services: A husband or wife’s work around the house and family. You do not need to specify a number because a jury can value it based on their own personal experience.
Damage to your vehicle, loss of use of your vehicle, towing, rental, and any other related bills.
Non-economic Auto Accident Damages:
Past and future pain and suffering: Texas has no set formula. To each case according to its facts.
Mental anguish: There must be evidence of the plaintiff’s mental anguish disrupting the injured party’s daily routine, or a high degree of mental pain that is more than anger, embarrassment, vexation, anxiety, or worry.
Disfigurement: Texas courts define disfigurement as an impairment of beauty, symmetry, or appearance; something that is unsightly or deforms. It is distinct from disfigurement pain, suffering, and mental anguish.
Consortium: Companionship and society are lost in interfamilial relationships such as husband and wife, and children lose their parents. Uninjured relatives file a claim for loss of consortium.
Physical impairment: Prior to the injury, a person could engage in or enjoy activities that they could do prior to the injury.
Wrongful Death: Under the Texas Wrongful Death Act and Texas Survival Act, the family of the deceased may recover both economic and non-economic damages.
TYPES OF CAR CRASH INJURIES
Car accidents can cause minor to severe injuries. Some people are permanently disabled or impaired. The severity of your injuries will be determined by the type of accident you were in.
The most common injuries suffered by accident victims are:
Head, eye, and brain injuries
Lacerations and disfigurement
Face, chest, torso, arms, or legs broken, fractured, or crushed
Back injuries and paralysis
Soft tissue injuries and whiplash
Internal organ injuries
If your injury prevents you from returning to work, performing routine tasks, or caring for your family, you have the right to sue. Car accidents can disrupt anyone’s life and result in expensive medical bills. Expenses should not need to be paid out of pocket. The culpable party should be held accountable.
NEGOTIATIONS AND SETTLEMENTS
We keep you informed throughout the case. Your Dallas car crash lawyer examines claims, findings, and options to ensure full compensation.
We discuss the case with you and then send a demand to the insurance company. We advise you when the insurance company makes an offer. We don’t settle claims without your permission. After we settle the case, we demand immediate payment from the insurance company so we can pay your claim.
Most car accident injuries do not necessitate a lawsuit. We use the courts to force insurance companies to pay. We make sure you understand the costs and the suit requirements. Our suggestions are based on our expertise, but the final decision is yours.
DALLAS CAR CRASH LAWYER ACCIDENT SCENE CHECKLIST
Things “to do” after a car accident to protect your rights if you are injured. The checklist can be used in any accident, but includes Dallas-specific information:
1. Keep calm. A car accident can be traumatic. Getting upset will only worsen the situation. Until the police and paramedics arrive, you must protect your health and rights.
2. Examine for injuries. Examine yourself for wounds. Auto accidents are traumatic, sudden, and unexpected. After an accident, people are stunned. You may be unaware of your injuries. Examine any passengers. Check on the other drivers. Help anyone who needs it.
3. Call 911 if someone is hurt. Injured persons should dial 911. Notify the Dispatch. They will send cops and medics. The incident will be investigated. Paramedics will assist any injured. Some cities do not report if no one is hurt. Notify the officer if you are hurt so an accident report can be made.
4. Obtain witness information. Compile a list of witnesses. Relying on volunteers is risky. Many passers-by stop to help. They leave when the cops arrive. However, even if the other driver admits fault, some will later justify their actions. The fear of rising insurance premiums or discussions with their spouse or friends may cause them to change their To protect your rights, obtain any witnesses’ contact information.
If you are too hurt to perform any of these steps, call a friend or family member to assist you.
5. Drivers must exchange insurance and identification. Regardless of fault, Texas Transportation Code Section 550.023 requires drivers to exchange identification and liability insurance. Each driver must comply. Take photos of everyone’s ID and insurance papers.
Most on the scene are helpful in providing information. Once you leave, your ability to gather information decreases. So getting your car repaired and finding out who your insurance company is can be difficult.
6. Document the vehicle damage and accident scene photos. Take photos of the damaged vehicles. Include impact points and plates.
Photograph the scene of the accident. Photo of the accident’s skid marks and road debris. Take a photo of the road to show the lanes and traffic Photograph your route and your return. Take pictures of the road in the opposite direction of the other drivers.
7. Give an officer your statement. Comply with the cop. They will talk to each driver individually. The statements will help the officer write their report. You must give your statement to be included.
Accidents within Dallas city limits, the Dallas Police Department will probably investigate. The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office investigates occasional city accidents. The THP investigates accidents on tollways. The following agencies’ records departments are located within Dallas:
8. Listen to the paramedics. If they say go to the ER, go. Paramedics are trained to recognize symptoms of serious or life-threatening injuries.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS AFTER LEAVING THE ACCIDENT SCENE
If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident, hire a Dallas car crash lawyer first. Do not hire a law firm if you cannot speak with the lawyer. Each case is handled by an attorney so that is who you want to speak to. Call Goyen Law to speak to our Dallas car crash lawyer at (214) 295 7777.
1. Do not contact the insurer. An insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible for an accident claim. If they can deny a claim, they will. Adjusters are trained to gather evidence to deny claims.
Treat injuries immediately. Injured in an accident? See a doctor right away. We help if you don’t know where to go or how to pay for medical care. We help you find a hospital that treats injuries. We help you find medical facilities that hold billing until insurance companies release funds.
3. Document visible wounds. Preserve visible wounds such as bruising and cuts. Injuries heal. The insurance company won’t believe you had cuts and bruises unless you take pictures.
4. Get a repair quote. Get a car estimate. Allow the insurance company to estimate, but keep your own estimate in case of a dispute.
5. Track out-of-pocket costs. Keep records of what you paid or owe due to the accident. Save any paid or owed money due to the accident.
6. Watch your social media posts. Assume the insurance company or its lawyers will see your posts. They may use any posts against you if they can.
Call (214) 295 7777 to speak with a Dallas car crash lawyer. We look forward to hearing from you.
DALLAS CAR CRASH LAWYER INVESTIGATIONS
A Dallas car crash lawyer from Goyen Law will investigate your case to ensure that we have enough evidence to prove liability, damages, and that you can be compensated for your injuries. Our job is to gather evidence to prove the other driver’s liability. We prepare professional evidence for a demand.
Damages from the Accident: Our Dallas car crash lawyer ensures your claim covers all of your losses.
An auto accident investigation looks for all possible causes of the accident to determine who is liable. Various auto accident causes may implicate others.
The driver is at fault in the following accidents:
Car Accidents Caused by Distracted Driving – Texting and Driving, Driver Inattention, etc.
Speeding causes many serious car accidents with injuries due to the severity of the impact.
Road rage causes one in three collisions. Aggressive driving increases the risk of a road rage accident.
Failure to Yield Right of Way – All Texas drivers must yield right of way when required by law. Infraction of this road rule is one of the leading causes of car accidents.
Hit and Run – If a driver causes an injury, death, or property damage, Texas law requires them to stop and render aid. Despite these rules, some drivers flee the scene of a collision.
Multiple car accidents – Can be caused by speeding, tailgating, distracted driving, failure to yield right of way, intoxicated, fatigued, or unlicensed drivers, debris on the road, negligent entrustment of a vehicle to a dangerous or unlicensed, and road rage.
Side-impact auto accidents are among the most dangerous on Texas roads. A side-impact collision occurs when one vehicle collides with another’s side. It’s also called a “T-bone” or “broadside collision”.
Head-On Collisions – A head-on collision occurs when two drivers collide from the front. This type of collision doubles the force, so a 45 mph collision becomes a 90 mph crash.
Other than the driver, others may be liable for damage and injury in the following categories.
A Dram Shop Act – A case may exist if the drunk driver was over-served. In this case, the bar could be held liable. If the drunk driver was driving someone else’s car and the owner knowingly let a drunk driver take control, you may have a claim for Negligent Entrustment.
Drug-impaired drivers – If the driver was in another person’s car, you may have a Negligent Entrustment claim against the owner.
Fatigued Drivers – If a fatigued driver is driving a commercial vehicle, their employer may be liable. You may have a claim for Negligent Entrustment against the vehicle’s owner if the driver was clearly tired.
Debris on the Road – Both the driver and the company may be liable for unsecured loads.
Negligent Entrustment – Allowing an unlicensed or dangerous driver to drive their vehicle is negligent entrustment.
Teenagers and unlicensed drivers cause car accidents. If the owner of the vehicle let an inexperienced or unlicensed driver drive, you may have a Negligent Entrustment claim.
DALLAS CAR CRASH LAWYER INFORMATION
For accidents, your Dallas car crash lawyer will gather the following. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the info, we can usually get most of it from what you give us.
Date and location of injury.
Describe the car crash.
Other cars involved in the crash.
People inside your vehicle.
Accident investigation by the police.
Injured persons’ care in injuries.
Health insurance info
Property damage to your vehicle and surrounding issues
The information helps investigate liability, damages, and collectability. Other issues frequently come up during phone consultations; feel free to ask our Dallas car crash lawyer any questions.
DALLAS CAR CRASH RESOURCES
The following agencies keep official records of car accidents in Dallas:
- Dallas Police Department Open Records Unit – website info: Dallas Police Department Records.
- Dallas County Sherriff’s Department Records – website info: Dallas County Sheriff’s Department Records.
- City of Dallas Records
- Dallas Police Department-Auto Pound, Vilbig Road, Dallas, TX
FREE CASE REVIEWS
We provide free phone consultations. Your case will be summarized in the strategy session along with any critical legal issues to maximize your compensation.
NO CHARGE IF WE DO NOT WIN
No charge unless we win. With a performance-based contract, we benefit from your success. This aligns our interests with our client’s.
TYPES OF MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS WE HANDLE
Goyen Law handles injury cases throughout Texas. A Dallas car crash lawyer from our office can handle any kind of auto accident or other personal injury cases arising from an auto collision including:
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on getting better and caring for yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks cause significant injuries. We fight to ensure compensation is received and rights protected while you recover.
Every year, drunk drivers cause serious injuries and deaths. We go up against insurance companies to get compensated for the damage and injury caused.
Pedestrians hit by a vehicle can sustain serious injuries. We represent people injured by negligent drivers and assist them in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants over-serve drunk people, and those people cause injuries or death, we assist in obtaining compensation.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists hurt by negligent drivers. We fight for full compensation for our clients.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim for restitution and for their losses.
DALLAS, TEXAS INFORMATION
Dallas had a population of 1,343,573 in 2019. The DFW metro area has a population of over 6,800,000. Dallas’ first settler was John Neely Bryan. Downtown Dallas’ John Neely Bryan Cabin
There are ten Fortune 500 companies in Dallas, including AT&T, Southwest Airlines, Texas Instruments, Tenet Healthcare, Comerica, Brinker International, and others. Industry giants like Ericsson North America, Dr. Pepper Snapple, and ExxonMobil call DFW home.
DALLAS TRAVELERS IN ACCIDENTS
Accidents in Dallas may necessitate temporary lodging and extra time in Dallas. These are all in Dallas.
Hotels in Dallas
- The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- The Dallas World Aquarium .
Call the Goyen Law at (214) 295 7777 if you need a Dallas car crash lawyer. We will start work on your case today.