Attorney Doug Goyen provides powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for his clients. You can depend on the Law Office of Doug Goyen to get you the full settlement amount of compensation for your personal injury from your auto accident. If you are needing an Irving car accident lawyer, call us at (972) 599 4100. We can immediately start working on your case.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented Irving residents for car accident injury cases since 1997. We have settled thousands of auto accident injury cases for millions of dollars in settlements for our clients.
In 2019 there were 3,333 auto accidents reported in Irving, Texas according to the Texas Department of Transportation. Every year the number of accidents increases. In recent years the increase is directly related to the number of people driving while distracted. Drivers who are talking on their mobile devices or looking at the screens of their devices while trying to drive. The increased number of accidents had caused an increase in the number of people injured from accidents.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents clients who have been injured in auto accidents and provides a variety of services in helping our clients get the compensation they need. Each case is different, so the services can vary from case to case. The most common services provided in injury cases include the following:
1) Getting payment from the insurance company for your medical treatment from the accident. This includes ambulance, hospital, doctors, radiologists, specialists, chiropractors, therapy, medication, and other medical-related bills incurred due to the accident.
2) Finding medical facilities for our clients who do not know where to go for treatment for their injury.
3) Helping clients find medical care facilities willing to defer collecting their bills until payment is released by the insurance company.
4) Getting evidence to prove the other driver was at fault in the accident so we can force the insurance company to pay for the damage and injury their driver caused.
5) Obtaining documentation and other evidence needed for lost income when our clients lose time from work due to an accident.
6) Proving the full value of the pain and suffering and other damages involved in our clients’ injuries so our clients get paid the full settlement value of their claim.
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
IRVING CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST
This checklist is for people involved in auto accidents and includes information for accidents with injuries, and has specific information for people involved in accidents in Irving, Texas.
1. Check for injuries. Check yourself to make sure you are ok. An accident is sudden, traumatic, and unexpected. Some people are in shock after an accident and do not realize their injury at first. Give yourself a quick check to make sure you are ok to move around. Check on your passengers for any injury. Next check on the occupants of the other vehicles involved in the accident. If there are any injuries get assistance.
2. Call 911 for help. Advise the dispatcher on your 911 call if anyone is injured. The dispatcher will send police and emergency personnel to help with any injury. Police will make sure the accident area is secure, assist injured people until paramedics arrive, and then take statements from people involved in the accident.
3. Get names and phone numbers of witnesses. Write their names, phone numbers, emails, and any other contact info you can get. Even if the other driver is admitting fault, you still need the witness information. The other driver may change their story when the police arrive, and the witness may leave before the police arrive. The other driver might change their story when they speak to their insurance company. You need that witness information so you can give it to your lawyer in case there is a dispute.
NOTE: If your injury keeps you from doing anything in this checklist you need to get someone from your family or a friend to come to the accident scene to help you with the checklist.
4. Exchange information. Texas law requires drivers involved in an accident to exchange identification and auto insurance information with anyone else involved in the accident. It does not matter if they think they are at fault or not. Gather the identification and insurance information from all other drivers. Take photos of their ID cards and insurance paperwork.
5. Take photos of the vehicles and the accident scene. Photograph the vehicles involved at the scene of the collision, even if the vehicles have been moved. Get photos of the damage to each vehicle – if you cannot see the damage clearly, get photos of the area of the vehicles where the point of impact occurred.
Take photos of any skid marks or any debris on the roadway from the accident.
Take photos of the roadway in the direction you were traveling when the accident occurred. Take photos in the direction you were coming from.
Take photos of the roadway in the direction the other vehicles were traveling when the accident happened. Take photos in the direction they were coming from as well.
6. Give the investigating officer your statement. The officer will ask each person involved in the accident what happened. Be sure to let the officer know your side of the story. You want your version of the accident to be on the police report.
Let the officer know if you have any injury, any pain, or any discomfort that was not present before the accident. They will note it on the police report.
Irving Police Accident Reports: Are available in person at the Irving Police Records Section at 305 N. O’Connor Road, Irving, Texas.
Irving Police Accident Reports can also be ordered online through the Texas Department of Transportation at the following link: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports
7. Let the paramedics know if you are injured. Tell them where you are in pain and any discomfort you are having. Paramedics will check you over for any signs or symptoms of anything serious. If they advise you to go to the emergency room you should take their advice.
If you decide to drive yourself or have someone else drive you to an emergency room in Irving the following emergency rooms are located in Irving, Texas:
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Irving Emergency Room – 1901 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, Texas
Medical City Las Colinas Emergency Room – 6800 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, Texas
CareNow Urgent Care – Las Colinas – MacArthur – 7400 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, Texas
Integra Urgent Care – Las Colinas – 7447 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, Texas
8. If injured, do not talk to the insurance company. The auto insurance company will have an adjuster that will want to talk to you if you are injured. The adjuster’s job is to try and minimize the amount the insurance company pays for any injury claim. If they can deny your case due to something they can get you to say during your conversation with them then they will do so.
Let your lawyer talk for you to the insurance company if you have been injured.
9. Get medical care for your injury. If you do not know where to go for an auto accident injury, or you do not know how you will be able to afford the medical care you need, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you find medical facilities that can treat you, and we can help you find medical facilities that are willing to defer collecting on the bills for your treatment until the insurance company issues payment for your injury claim.
10. Photograph any visible injury. Insurance adjusters demand proof you were hurt. A photograph of your injury from the accident is powerful evidence that goes a long way towards proving your injuries are from the accident.
11. Get your own repair estimate for your vehicle. You will get an estimate from the insurance company too, but do not rely solely on the insurance company’s estimate. They write their estimates lower than the actual cost to repair your vehicle in the hopes some people will just pocket the money on their low estimate and never have their vehicles repaired.
You want your own estimate in case there is a dispute. If you are forced to take the case to court to prove how much damage was done to your vehicle you need your estimate – otherwise, the only proof will be the insurance company’s estimate that is lower than the actual cost to repair your vehicle.
Body shops will usually write free estimates for the damage to vehicles. They want your business. Body shops in the Irving area that can write an estimate and can do the repairs for your vehicle include:
Beltline Auto Body & Repair – 1430 N Beltline Rd, Irving, Texas
City Auto Body Shop – 910 N Beltline Rd, Irving, Texas
Bw Collision Repair – 208 Mavis St, Irving, Texas
Service King Collision Irving – 3910 W Airport Fwy, Irving, Texas
Jds Collision Repair – 1752 E Airport Fwy, Irving, Texas
While your vehicle is getting repaired you may need a rental car. If you get a rental car while your car is being repaired make sure the rental car company sets up direct billing with the insurance company. That way they get paid directly from the insurance company. Rental car companies in the Irving area are:
Budget Car Rental – 2315 W Airport Fwy, Irving, Texas
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 2210 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, Texas
Metro Rent A Car at DFW Airport Rentals – 3317 Finley Rd, Irving, Texas
Budget Car Rental – 850 W Walnut Hill Ln Ste 127, Irving, Texas
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 500 West Las Colinas Blvd, Irving, Texas
12. Gather all bills and receipts. Get copies of any bills or receipts for anything you have paid or owe due to the accident. Get copies of these documents to your attorney so you can be reimbursed from the insurance company.
13. Be careful of what you put on social media. You should assume everything you post on social media is going to be seen by the insurance company’s adjusters and lawyers.
14. Hire a personal injury lawyer that handles car accidents. You should talk to your lawyer before you hire them. Do not sign up with a case manager from a law office. You should speak to the actual lawyer who is representing you first. If they are not able to speak to you before you sign up, then do not sign with that firm.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen. Attorney Doug Goyen will talk with you about your case. We will get started immediately on your case. Call (972) 599 4100 today.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
If you or someone you know needs the assistance of an Irving car accident lawyer in an injury case call (972) 599 4100 for a free consultation and a free strategy session regarding your case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. Call us today.
IRVING, TEXAS INFORMATION
Irving, Texas is in Dallas County and has a 2019 estimated population of 239,798 people. Irving was first incorporated as a city in 1914.
You can get the flavor of Irving, Texas by visiting some of their restaurants including WATERBOY at 808 E Irving Blvd, Villa’s at 137 S Main St, Griff’s Hamburgers at 718 E Irving Blvd, or the Catfish House at 1605 E Irving Blvd in Irving, Texas.
Hotels that visitors can stay at in Irving include Holiday Inn Irving – Las Colinas at 110 W John Carpenter Fwy, Texican Court at 501 W Las Colinas Blvd, Omni Las Colinas Hotel at 221 Las Colinas Blvd E, and Aloft Las Colinas at 122 E John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, Texas.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents Irving residents as an Irving car accident lawyer and has done so since 1997. Call today at (972) 599 4100 and we will start working on your case immediately.
DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Our office is conveniently located off the North Dallas Tollway a few miles from the Galleria. We are located in the Madison Business Center at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001. In addition, we have an office located in Dallas at 9502 Webb Chapel, Suite 205, Dallas, Texas 75220 (appt. only).
Directions to our office from Irving are as follows: Take 114 north to I-635. Take I-635 East to the North Dallas Tollway and exit Tollway North, from the Tollway, exit Keller Springs Road – stay in the far-left lane, turn around under the Dallas North Tollway on to the service road heading southbound, our office is the second building on your right. The Madison Business Center.
Again, if you are needing to speak to a personal injury lawyer in Irving, Texas, then call us today.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
Please Review us at:
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving