Attorney Doug Goyen is a Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer handling personal injury accidents involving motorcycles. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients.
Attorney Goyen has represented thousands of people injured in accidents in the Dallas, Texas area and recovered millions in settlements for motorcyclists injured or killed in accidents.
HOW WE HELP WITH YOUR MOTORCYCLE INJURY CASE
→We help our clients recover the costs of their ambulance ride, hospital stay, emergency room doctors, and other medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
→Conduct a thorough investigation into your accident.
→Examining all insurance policies pertaining to your case.
→If our clients are unsure where to go for treatment, we help them find a medical facility that can treat their injury.
→If our clients are unable to afford the treatment they require for their injury, we will assist them in locating a medical facility that will defer billing the client while they receive treatment.
→Assuring that all documents are filed on time.
→Assuring that our clients’ lost income is recovered from their auto insurance company if they were unable to work due to their injury.
→Helping clients obtain payment for vehicle damage, towing bills, storage fees, and rental car expenses.
→Assisting our clients in recouping their accident-related out-of-pocket expenses.
→Negotiating with the auto insurance company aggressively.
→Making a compelling case for you in court.
→We help our clients obtain the maximum settlement amount for their pain and suffering, physical impairment, disfigurement, and other accident-related damages.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen. We get results for our clients. We will go after the insurance company to pay your medical bills. We will find you a medical facility to treat you for your injuries if you need them. We will go after the insurance company to get your lost income paid. We will get the full value of your motorcycle injury claim that you deserve.
Doug Goyen has been a Texas licensed attorney since 1997. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he worked as an injury claims adjuster for insurance companies for many years, giving him insight into both sides of the claims process. There is no fee unless and until you win!
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
1) Examine yourself for injuries. If you were in a motorcycle accident, you were most likely knocked off your motorcycle and onto the pavement at a fairly high rate of speed for the human body. Your adrenaline will be pumping, and you may not realize you were injured at the time of the accident. Don’t be in a hurry; give yourself time to calm down and check yourself for injuries.
2) If you have been injured, call 911. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, call the police and paramedics. Obtain a copy of the police crash report.
3) Exchange information with other drivers. Obtain the insurance company contact information from the driver of the other vehicles involved. Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone who is involved. Make copies of their identification and auto insurance information. Take photos of their ID and insurance information with your cellphone.
4) Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident. You never know when someone will change their story after leaving an accident scene. People are often cooperative with you in person, but when they call their insurance company to report their side of the accident details, they suddenly start changing their story – possibly because they are concerned about their insurance rates increasing. Who knows why this happens in every situation, but it happens more often than you would think – people change their stories after leaving the scene of an accident.
5) Photograph the vehicles and the accident scene. Photograph the damage to all of the vehicles involved, including your motorcycle. Take photographs of the accident scene, the automobile involved in the accident, and the layout of the accident scene. Take pictures of the path you were taking, both where you were coming from and where you were going. Take photos of the other vehicles involved, as well as where they came from and where they were going. Take pictures of any skid marks or debris on the road. If you are unable to do so, enlist the assistance of a friend or family member.
6) If paramedics recommend it, go to the emergency room. Listen to paramedics if they advise you to go to the emergency room because of your symptoms. They have been trained to look for symptoms that may indicate a potentially fatal injury. It is preferable to be safe than sorry. If paramedics advise you to, go to the ER and get checked.
7) Seek medical attention if you are injured. If you were injured, you should contact a medical facility after leaving the scene to seek treatment. We can assist you if you do not know who to see or cannot afford to pay for medical treatment. The Law Office of Doug Goyen can assist you in locating a doctor who can treat your injury. We can locate a medical facility that will accept a letter of protection from our office, allowing you to avoid paying for treatment until the auto insurance involved pays for your claims.
8) Do not discuss the accident with the insurance company if injured. If you are injured, you should hire a lawyer to represent you in dealing with the insurance company. When possible, the insurance adjuster’s job is to avoid paying claims. If you speak with the adjuster before hiring a lawyer, the adjuster will ask you questions in order to elicit a response that will allow them to deny part or all of your claim. A personal injury lawyer who specializes in car and motorcycle accidents will know exactly how to answer these types of questions. You will be unable to do so, which may jeopardize your case. If you have been injured, you should seek the assistance of a personal injury lawyer.
9) Be cautious about what you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster and the insurance company’s lawyers will review whatever you post. We frequently display photos of ourselves smiling at family gatherings or with friends. That brief moment when you smiled and looked happy in the photo may have been brief, but insurance adjusters and their lawyers will try to make your social media posts appear as if you could not have been as injured as you claim because of your posts during the time you were injured.
10) Locate a personal injury attorney. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer. You should ask questions about how the attorney will handle your case, what the attorney requires from you, and express your concerns about your case to the attorney. If you call a law firm and they force you to speak with a case manager before allowing you to speak with the attorney, do not hire that firm. You should first speak with your actual lawyer to ensure that you are comfortable with the attorney handling your case.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 or use our website contact form to get in touch. We will gladly review your case for free.
Texas Motorcycle Laws
Texas has laws that govern motorcycles and those who ride or travel on them. Among the laws are the following:
*In Texas, all motorcyclists under the age of 21 are required to wear a helmet, with the exception of those who have completed a motorcycle safety course in Texas and have insurance that will cover their healthcare if injured in a motorcycle accident.
*In Texas, motorcycle riders must have a Class M license.
*On your motorcycle, you must have liability insurance.
*No one under the age of five may ride as a passenger.
*Daytime running lights are required (unless the motorcycle was made before 1975)
*A rearview mirror is required.
*In Texas, lane splitting is illegal.
Call Dallas personal injury lawyer Doug Goyen today to discuss your motorcycle accident and injury case. Call us at (972) 599-4100 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case, or fill out our contact form on our website.
Motorcycle Injury Collisions
Motorcycling in the Dallas area can be a fun way to enjoy the area’s nice weather (when it is good). If you are the victim of a negligent driver who causes an accident with you, it can also be a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately, a motorcycle does not offer much protection from injury in the event of a collision with a car. If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accidents.
If they are involved in an accident, motorcycle riders are much more likely to suffer an injury, including catastrophic injuries or even death. If you or someone you know is injured while riding a motorcycle as a result of someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation from the person who caused your injury or from their insurance.
One of the most common mistakes in personal injury claims is attempting to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company without the assistance of an attorney. Before dealing with the insurance company, hire a personal injury lawyer to handle your injury claim. Remember that the insurance company is not in the business of paying injury claims; they are in the business of saving money, which means that their goal is to avoid paying injury claims or to pay as little as possible.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Call our office to schedule a free consultation and strategy session for your motorcycle accident injury case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, an evaluation of the legal issues involved, and an identification of the most important legal issues about your case that we can identify during the session. We will send you a copy of the strategy session via email.
Directions to our main North Dallas Office: (Click the following link for directions to our Addison office: Law Office of Doug Goyen)
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001
Please Review us at:
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages: