The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents people who have been injured in car accidents. Attorney Doug Goyen has handled thousands of personal injury cases, including many in Allen, Texas. Since 1997, attorney Doug Goyen has represented people injured in car accidents in Texas. We offer our clients experienced, aggressive, and powerful representation. If you need an Allen car accident lawyer, call Attorney Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 or use our website contact form.
WHAT WE PROVIDE TO OUR CLIENTS
Attorney Goyen personally handles each case. Throughout the case, you will have direct contact with the attorney.
Our job is to get you the compensation you deserve for your case. You are concerned about your injury if you were injured as a result of the negligence of another person. You are concerned about the financial impact that the injury is having on your life. Typical concerns in personal injury cases, such as an auto accident injury, include:
Medical bills have been incurred. We obtain the records and other evidence required to obtain compensation for your medical bills.
Medical care is needed. If you need assistance in locating a doctor for your injury, we can assist you in locating a medical facility for your treatment. If the cost of medical care is preventing you from receiving treatment, we can assist you in locating medical facilities that will defer collecting on their bills until the insurance company pays.
Income lost. Your accident may have caused you to miss work or may cause you to miss time. If you have lost income, we will gather the information required to get you compensated for your loss.
The settlement value of your injury claim. We obtain the evidence and proof required to obtain the full value of your personal injury claim, ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injury.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at 972 599 4100. We get results for our clients. We provide free consultations for car accident injuries. There is no fee unless you win!
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Doug is a great attorney. He took care of my auto accident claim promptly, and answered any questions I had. I also had one of my hospital bills go into... read more
CHECKLIST FOR A CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CASE IN ALLEN, TEXAS
The following checklist is for anyone involved in a car accident but is specifically designed for people needing an Allen car accident attorney.
1) Inspect for any injuries. Examine yourself for injuries. An automobile accident is a sudden and unexpected event. Because of the shock of this unexpected traumatic event, you are most likely experiencing adrenaline pumping through your body. Due to the shock of the accident, people may not realize how seriously they have been injured. Examine yourself for any serious issues. Examine your passengers for any injuries. If they do not require immediate medical attention, check on the occupants of any other vehicles involved in the accident. If anyone is injured, you must seek medical attention immediately.
2) Call 911 for police and ambulance services if anyone is injured, including yourself. The police and paramedics must respond to the scene. The police will need to investigate the accident, and paramedics will need to check on anyone who was injured in the accident.
Allen Police Department’s website can be located here: Allen Police Department
3) Obtain contact information for witnesses. You must obtain the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident. Witnesses frequently stop to assist after an accident, but because they were not involved in the accident, they may decide to leave once their assistance is no longer required and the police arrive. Before they leave, obtain their contact information, including their name, phone number, email address, and any other information they are willing to provide in case you need to verify what they saw later.
4) Exchange information with all other drivers involved in the accident. Following a car accident, Texas law requires drivers to exchange identification and vehicle liability information. It makes no difference who is at fault; every driver is required to exchange information. Make a copy of the other driver’s ID and insurance card. If you have a cellphone, take a picture of each other driver’s information.
NOTE: If your injury prevents you from performing any of these steps, call a friend or family member to assist you.
5) Photograph the vehicles as well as the accident scene. Take photographs of the damage to all of the vehicles involved in the collision at the scene, even if the vehicles have been moved.
Photograph any debris or skid marks on the ground caused by the accident. Take photos in the direction you were traveling when the accident occurred, as well as photos in the opposite direction. Take photos of the direction they were traveling as well as the direction they came from for the other vehicles involved in the accident.
6) Provide your statement to the police when they request it. Be cooperative with the police. They will take each driver’s statement separately and away from the other drivers to verify what each person’s statement is. You must tell the police officer what happened so that they can use what you say in the police crash report. Get the police officer’s crash report number so you can get a copy later.
Note regarding police crash reports:
Allen Police Department: Often police crash reports take several days to be available. Many police departments allow you to download them online, but Allen Police Department requires you either go in person or request a copy by mail. The Police Crash Report webpage for the Allen Police Department is located here: Allen Police Department Crash Incident Reports
Texas Department of Transportation: The Texas DOT receives copies of all police crash reports in the state of Texas. If the accident occurred more than a few weeks ago, the report may be available on the Texas DOT website, which can be found here: TxDOT Crash Reports Online
7) Pay attention to the paramedics’ advice. If you are injured and the paramedics advise you to go to the emergency room, you should do so. They are trained to look for symptoms of trauma in car accidents that may indicate a more serious injury that could be serious and even life-threatening. Follow their advice and get checked out at an emergency room if they recommend it.
8) If symptoms worsen later on. If you were not advised to go to the emergency room but notice your pain from your injury getting progressively worse and your worsening symptoms make you feel you need to go to the emergency room, the following ER locations are nearby in Allen, Texas:
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen – 1105 N Central Expy, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 747 1000
Legacy ER & Urgent Care – 1310 W Exchange Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 678 4545
Prestige ER – 7940 Custer Rd, Plano, TX 75025. Phone +1 972 527 3000
1st Class Urgent Care Center – 1811 E Bethany Dr, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 214 383 1700
CareNow Urgent Care – Allen – 1218 W McDermott Dr, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 390 9000
Medical City Children’s Urgent Care Allen – 109 N Central Expy Suite 509, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 359 6900
9) Seek medical attention for your injury as soon as possible. The purpose of the emergency room visit is to ensure that you are not in a life-threatening situation. They will not typically continue follow-up treatment for the majority of injuries. You must locate a medical facility that can treat your injuries. If you are unsure where to go for treatment, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can assist you in locating a medical facility that will treat you.
If you do not know how you will pay for your treatment, we can locate medical facilities that will accept a letter of protection from our office. A letter of protection is a guarantee from your attorney’s office that the medical facility will be paid as soon as we receive any payments for your injury from the automobile insurance company. This way, you can receive the medical treatment you require for your injury and be reimbursed when the funds are released from the auto insurance companies involved.
10) Get your own estimate for your car. Do not rely on the estimate provided by the insurance company. The insurance company intentionally writes low estimates. A body shop’s estimate is usually higher than an insurance company’s estimate because the body shop bases their estimate on what they believe it will take to repair your vehicle.
The insurance company will not include certain things that need to be repaired in their estimate until the body shop begins repairs and confirms a part needs to be replaced or repaired. If there is a dispute about the claim and you are later forced to file a lawsuit to force the insurance company to repair your vehicle, you will want to have your own estimate as proof of how much the repairs will cost – you do not want to have to rely on the insurance company’s estimate, which does not include everything.
Estimates from body shops: Most body shops provide free estimates on the damage to your vehicle. Body shops in Allen, Texas to get an estimate from include:
Caliber Collision – 29 Prestige Cir, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 469 342 8560
Dynamic PDR – 713 E Main St, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 972 658 0390
Allen Automotive Repair – 302 N Ash Dr, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 972 727 5641
Caliber Collision – 1371 Andrews Pkwy, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 214 383 0012
The Painting Place – 1030 W Lucas Rd, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 972 727 9411
Rental Car: If you need a rental car because your vehicle is not drivable or while it is being repaired, make sure to use a company that charges insurance company rates for auto accidents. If you do not receive that rate, you will be charged nearly twice as much, and your insurance company will most likely only pay half of your bill. Rental car companies that charge insurance rates for auto accidents will usually bill the insurance company directly. The following car rental companies are located in or near Allen, Texas, and fall into this category.:
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 29 Prestige Cir, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 214 383 2605
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 1371 Andrews Pkwy A, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 972 737 3980
11) Take photographs of the damage to your vehicle that clearly show the extent of the damage. If you are injured in an automobile accident, the insurance company’s adjuster will frequently take photos of the damage to your vehicle from angles and lighting that do not clearly show the damage to your vehicle. They attempt to use these photos in negotiations and later at trial to argue that your damage was insignificant and could not have caused your injury. Take photos of the damage to your vehicle that show the extent of the damage.
12) If you are injured, do not speak with the insurance company. If you are injured in a car accident, the insurance adjuster will try to deny your claim. They will ask you questions in order to elicit information that they can use to avoid paying some or all of your claims. You must have your lawyer communicate with the insurance company on your behalf. Personal injury lawyers who handle car accidents understand the questions that insurance adjusters and investigators ask and how to answer them in ways that do not jeopardize your personal injury claim. If you have not yet hired a personal injury lawyer, inform the insurance company that you will be contacting the lawyer.
13) Be cautious about what you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster, investigators, and lawyers will eventually see everything you post on social media. Any posts on social media made while you are receiving treatment for your injury may be used to refute your claims about your injury. If you post photos of yourself out with friends or family or doing certain activities, the insurance company may be able to use those photos to dispute your claims about how severe your injury is.
14) Do your homework before hiring a personal injury attorney. Do your homework to find the best personal injury lawyer for your case. Before hiring an attorney, make sure you speak with them. Do not allow a case manager to sign you up without first speaking with the actual lawyer.
Consult with a lawyer about your case. Inquire about any concerns you have, and listen to their advice. Personal injury lawyers provide free consultations for car accident cases, so speaking with them will not cost you anything.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE – The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes auto accidents (car accidents, 18 wheeler accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrians struck by vehicles, and bicyclists struck by autos); premises liability cases (such as injuries caused in a slip and fall or by other dangerous conditions on a property); dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else); workplace injuries; and other personal injuries caused by the negligence or wrongful acts of others.
If you are searching for an Allen car accident lawyer, call us at (972) 599 4100 or contact us on our website contact form. We are located at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas, in the Madison Business Center.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on getting better and caring for yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks cause significant damage and injuries. We will fight for you to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and that your rights are protected while you recover.
Every year, drunk drivers cause serious injuries and deaths. We go up against their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they caused you.
Pedestrians hit by vehicles can sustain serious injuries. We represent people who have been injured by negligent drivers and assist them in receiving compensation for their injuries.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are struck by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in recovering compensation for their injuries.
We defend the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by careless drivers. We are fighting for the full amount of compensation that is owed to us by the insurance company.
We assist clients in obtaining compensation for injuries sustained as a result of unsafe conditions on their property. Businesses owe it to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals are liable for any damage caused by their negligence. We work with the insurance company to obtain compensation for injuries caused by careless dog owners.
When someone dies as a result of negligence, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts in which those who cause the injury are liable for the injury. We assist people with personal injury cases in recovering what they are owed for the harm they have caused.
WHEN YOU SHOULD YOU SEEK AN ATTORNEY FOR A CAR ACCIDENT
If you have been injured in a car accident, you should hire a personal injury lawyer to handle your case. Personal injury cases frequently involve thousands of dollars, and insurance adjusters and insurance company lawyers who work for the insurance companies are trained professionals who carefully examine your claim to see if they can find a reason to deny your injury claim.
If you are injured, do not speak with the insurance company. If there has been an injury, you should consult with a lawyer before speaking with the insurance company.
Insurance adjusters are interested in learning if there is a way to avoid paying a personal injury claim resulting from a car accident. They want to know if their driver was truly to blame for the accident. They will contact their own driver and ask them questions in order to elicit a response indicating that he was not at fault. If their driver picks up on the hints and follows them, you suddenly have a liability dispute.
Insurance adjusters will try to lead you astray with questions about the car accident in order to get you to say something that can be used against you in terms of liability. They want to see if they can get you to say something that will help them prove you were involved in the accident. They want to know if you were driving too fast for the conditions, changed lanes just before the collision, slowed faster than you should have, took faulty evasive action, or did anything that could put you at fault (or on any driver other than their own).
Insurance adjusters examine your claim to see if they can deny it due to coverage issues. Coverage issues occur when their insured has violated the terms of the insurance agreement in some way. They check to see if payments were received on time. They check to see if the vehicle being driven by their insured was properly added to their insurance policy. They examine their driver to see if they were supposed to be driving the vehicle and if the driver provided them with accurate information when they purchased the policy. If there is an issue with the payments, the vehicle, the driver, or any other issues, they will attempt to deny the claim on the basis of a coverage issue.
Insurance adjusters go through your bills with a fine-toothed comb to see if they can deny them. When it comes to medical bills, they frequently claim that the bill was too high and that they will not pay it all. They claim you received medical services that you were not entitled to. Based on what they claim to see in your medical records, they claim that your injury must have been preexisting and unrelated to the car accident.
You need a lawyer who sees these insurance adjuster tactics on a daily basis and understands how to fight insurance companies in injury claims. You should hire an attorney for your personal injury case as soon as possible before the insurance company contacts you about the accident.
Even if you have already spoken with your insurance company, we can still help. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is to resolve any issues. Please contact us so that we can assist you in getting your claim on track so that you can receive the compensation you deserve for your injury. Since 1997, the Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented residents of Allen, Texas in personal injury cases involving automobile accidents. Please contact us at (972) 599 4100.
WHAT WE CHARGE IN CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CASES – CONTINGENCY FEE
There is no fee unless you win! We charge a contingency fee in personal injury cases related to car accidents. This means our fee is a percentage of whatever we can recover in your case. Our interest is the same as your interest.
FREE CASE REVIEWS FOR CAR ACCIDENT CASES
If you or someone you know needs assistance in an injury case call (972) 599 4100 for a free case review, consultation, and free strategy session regarding your car accident case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. Call us today.
CITY OF ALLEN, TEXAS
The City of Allen and Allen ISD has the largest high school in Texas with a new multi-million dollar stadium, fantastic football, and an entire athletics program, and over 6,000 students. In addition, Allen has the Allen Event Center for concerts and other shows. Activities include the Hydrous Wake Park, Celebration Park, and KidMania. The shopping at Watters Creek is fun for days when you want to stroll the shops.
The City of Allen is located in Collin County, Texas – any State Court cases in County Court or District Court are handled out of Collin County, Texas. Allen is a city just north of Dallas, Texas. Allen, Texas had an estimated population of 105,623 in 2019. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has been representing the citizens of Allen, Texas since 1997.
Personal Injury Resources in Allen, Texas
Allen Police Department – 205 W McDermott Dr, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 214 509 4200
Allen City Hall – 305 Century Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 214 509 4100
Allen Municipal Court – 301 Century Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 214 509 4380
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen – 1105 N Central Expy, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 747 1000
PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Allen – 1001 Raintree Cir, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 908 2000
ACCIDENTS INVOLVED VISITORS TO ALLEN
If you are visiting Allen, Texas, and are involved in an auto accident, you may find yourself in need of temporary lodging and food as a result of the need to stay in Allen for an extended period of time as a result of the accident. Allen is home to the following restaurants, hotels, and attractions.
Restaurants in Allen, Texas
Spin Sushi – 2023 W McDermott Dr suite 260, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 954 7164
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar – 1851 N Central Expy, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 469 393 4119
Fish City Grill – 1015 Watters Creek Blvd Ste. 150, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 908 3474
Bonefish Grill – 190 E Stacy Rd Ste 100, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 972 737 3018
Hotels in Allen, Texas
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at Allen Event Center – 210 E Stacy Rd, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 214 383 1151
Delta Hotels by Marriott Dallas Allen – 777 Watters Creek Blvd, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 469 675 0800
Tru by Hilton Allen Dallas – 1553 N Central Expy, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 469 795 9500
Hampton Inn & Suites-Dallas Allen – 830 W Stacy Rd, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 214 495 7667
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas NE – Allen – 205 N Central Expy, Allen, TX 75013. +1 972 727 2000
Activities in Allen, Texas
Play Street Museum – Allen – 950 W Stacy Rd #100, Allen, TX 75013. Phone +1 972 737 3256
Allen Station Park – 1120 N Cedar Dr, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 214 509 4700
Allen Heritage Village – 352 St Mary Dr, Allen, TX 75002.
Allen Event Center – 200 E Stacy Rd #1350, Allen, TX 75002. Phone +1 972 678 4646
The Allen, Texas municipal court is located at:
Municipal Court and Parks and Recreation Building
301 Century Parkway
Allen, Texas 75013
See Our Google Reviews:
Testimonials and Case Studies: (Click the following link for additional examples of cases we have handled: Case Studies)
Directions to our main North Dallas Office:
Click the following link for directions to our Addison office:
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
Directions to our office: Take the George Bush tollway heading west. Exit southbound at the North Dallas Tollway. Stay on the North Dallas Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and pass Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving