If you are looking for a Cedar Hill accident lawyer call (972) 599 4100. We will start working on your case immediately. Attorney Doug Goyen has represented residents of Cedar Hill in auto accident injuries since 1997. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has settled thousands of car accident cases for millions of dollars for our clients. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients. You can count on us to get the compensation you deserve for your case.
The Texas Department of Transportation’s 2019 accident data shows 55,346 reported auto accidents in Dallas County, Texas. The increase in accidents in recent years is due largely to distracted drivers. Drivers divide their attention between looking at their phones and driving. With the increased number of accidents comes an increased number of people injured.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents people injured in accidents. We provide a variety of ways we assist. The following are the common areas we assist with car accident injury claims:
1) Getting the insurance company to pay the medical bills from your accident. Including ambulance, emergency room, ER doctors, radiology, family doctors, specialists, chiropractic, therapists, or any other medical bill related to your accident.
2) We help our clients find medical facilities that can treat them for their accident-related injuries.
3) We help our clients find medical facilities willing to defer collection on their bills until the insurance company releases payment related to their injury.
4) We get the evidence needed to prove liability so there is no excuse for the insurance company to delay or deny payment.
5) We gather the evidence needed to get our clients paid for their lost income from missing work due to the accident.
6) We get the evidence needed to get the full value of pain and suffering, and other ways the injury has caused damage to our clients, so our clients get the full settlement value for their case.
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
CEDAR HILL ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST
The following checklist is for people involved in an accident. The list includes things to do if there is an injury involved. It also includes specific resources for people involved in accidents in Cedar Hill, Texas.
1. Check if anyone is injured. Make sure you are not hurt worse than you realize. Accidents are traumatic, sudden, and unexpected. The shock of the accident often causes people not to realize the severity of their injury. Next, check on your passengers. Then check on people in the other vehicles involved. If anyone is injured, get help.
2. Call 911. If anyone is hurt let the dispatcher know. They will send police and paramedics to help. Police will secure the accident scene, help assist injured people until paramedics arrive, and then take the statements of those involved in the accident.
3. Write down witness contact information. If there are witnesses at the scene of the accident, get their names, phone numbers, email, and anything else they use for contact. The other driver may seem like they are admitting fault, but they may change their story when the police arrive, or when they report it to their insurance company. If this happens you need the witness information.
NOTE: If you are too injured to do anything on this checklist, call a friend or family member to come to the scene and help with the checklist.
4. Get IDs and insurance information. Exchange your identifying information and auto liability information with all other drivers. Texas law requires anyone involved in an auto accident to exchange this information regardless of who is at fault in the accident. Take photos of the IDs and insurance.
5. Get pictures of the vehicles involved in the accident. Get photos of the damage to the other vehicles, the points of impact, and the license plate numbers. Get pictures of any skid marks on the ground and any debris on the ground.
Take pictures of the roadway in the direction you were traveling and in the direction you came from. Take pictures of the direction the other drivers were heading and where they came from as well.
6. Cooperate with the police officer. The officer will write a report on the accident. You want your statement to be in that report. Tell them your side of the story. Let them know if you are hurt, feeling pain, or have any discomfort you did not have before the accident. It will all be listed on the police report.
Cedar Hill Police Accident Reports: The Cedar Hill Police Department has their accident reports available online here: Cedar Hill Police Accident Reports.
Texas DOT Accident Reports: Another place to locate accident reports is through the Texas Department of Transportation. If it has been 2-3 weeks or longer since your accident, the report is likely on this database as well: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports
7. Tell paramedics if injured. Let the paramedics check your condition. They are trained to recognize symptoms and signs that your injury may be worse than you realize. Tell them of any pains or discomfort you have.
Emergency Rooms: If you decide to go to the emergency room on your own, the following emergency rooms are located in the Cedar Hill area:
CareNow Urgent Care – Cedar Hill – 345 N Hwy 67, Cedar Hill, Texas
PrimaCare Medical Center – 642 Uptown Blvd #100, Cedar Hill, Texas
Medical City ER Grand Prairie – 5203 Lake Ridge Pkwy, Grand Prairie, Texas
MinuteClinic – 385 E Beltline Rd, Cedar Hill, Texas
8. Do not talk to any auto insurance companies if you are hurt. If you have been injured, let your lawyer do the talking for you. If you are hurt the insurance adjuster’s job is to try and minimize your claim as much as possible. If they can get you to say something that gets them out of paying at all, they will do so.
9. Get follow-up care for your injury. If you do not know where to go or do not know how you can afford treatment, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can find medical facilities that can treat you and will defer collecting on their bill until the insurance company releases payments for your injury.
10. Take pictures of visible injuries. Take photos of bruising, cuts, abrasions, or anything else that is visible. The insurance company will want proof of any injury, and photos of injuries from the accident help.
11. Get an estimate for the repair of your vehicle. Get your own estimate. The insurance company will write an estimate that is lower than the actual cost to repair your vehicle. They do this because some people do not actually repair their vehicle after an accident and use the money for other expenses they have incurred. This allows the insurance company to save money by paying less than what damage was caused.
If there is a dispute about liability that arises, you need your own estimate to prove the amount of damage that was done.
Body shops often write free estimates – they want your business. Body shops in the Cedar Hill, Texas area that can write estimates and do repairs for your vehicle include:
Daves Body Shop – 659 Grigsby Way #A, Cedar Hill, Texas
Superstar Collision – 1260 S Hwy 67, Cedar Hill, Texas
Caliber Collision – 978 N Hwy 67, Cedar Hill, Texas
12. Keep copies of bills and receipts. Anything you have had to pay or owe due to the auto accident needs to be reimbursed. Give copies of everything to your lawyer so you get reimbursement for these expenses.
13. Watch what you post on social media. Assume everything you post will be seen by the adjuster or the insurance company lawyers. They will use anything they can to call your injury into question, so be careful what you post.
14. Hire a lawyer that does personal injury cases related to car accidents. Speak to the actual lawyer before hiring them. Do not sign up unless you are able to talk to the lawyer first. The lawyer represents you, not the case manager, so you want to be comfortable that the lawyer will do the job needed to protect your rights and get you the results you need.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen. Speak to our lawyer. We will start working on your case immediately. Call (972) 599 4100.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury when struck by vehicles. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people and those people cause accidents with injuries, we help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
We protect the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We fight to get all the compensation due from the insurance company.
We help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by unsafe conditions on property. Businesses have a duty to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals owe for any damage their negligence caused. We deal with the insurance company involved to get compensation for injuries caused by negligent dog owners.
When someone dies due to negligence the family and estate has a claim against the negligent parties that caused the death. We represent families and estates in recovering compensation for the harm done.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts where those who caused the injury owe for the injury caused. We help people with personal injury case recover what they are owed for the damage caused.
FREE CASE REVIEWS
Are you needing to speak to a Cedar Hill accident lawyer? Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen for a free phone consultation and a free strategy session regarding your personal injury case. The free strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved, and identifying the most important legal issues to maximize recovery in your personal injury case. We email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen uses their professionalism, experience, and aggressively represents his clients in personal injury, on-the-job injury, auto accident injury, all other injury type cases, and wrongful death cases and claims. You can call us at (972) 599 4100 or toll-free at (855) 599 4100. We are located in Addison, Texas at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, in the Madison Business Center.
Our lawyer provides free initial consultations by phone. If you need a Cedar Hill injury lawyer, call our lawyer to discuss your claim or case. We rely on referrals and word-of-mouth, so providing excellent service is important.
DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Directions from Cedar Hill, Texas are: Take Hwy 67 north until you come to I-35, take I-35 north until you come to the North Dallas Tollway. Head north on the North Dallas Tollway. Approximately 2 miles north of 635 you will come to the Keller Springs exit. Exit at Keller Springs and make a u-turn to the southbound side of the service road to the tollway. The 2nd building on your right is the Madison Business Center. We are located on the 6th floor of the Madison Business Center.
Again, if you are needing to speak to a personal injury lawyer in Cedar Hill, Texas, call us today.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer
- Dallas DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Dram Shop Lawyer
- Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving