Since 1997, the Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented Arlington, Texas residents who have been injured in car accidents. We provide our clients with aggressive, experienced, and powerful representation. You can rely on us to obtain the compensation you deserve for your case. Attorney Goyen has settled thousands of personal injury cases and recovered millions of dollars in settlements for his clients. Call (972) 599 4100 if you need an Arlington car accident attorney. We will begin working on your case right away.
ARLINGTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER – WHAT WE DO
In 2019 there were 7,051 auto accidents reported in Arlington, Texas according to the Texas Department of Transportation. The following four intersections in Arlington typically have the highest number of collisions in the city.
- Six Flags Dr. and Watson Rd had 98 reported accidents between 2012 and 2015.
- E Park Row Dr. and Watson Rd had 69 reported accidents between 2012 and 2015.
- E Abram St and Watson Rd had 67 reported accidents between 2012 and 2015.
- Mayfield Rd and Watson Rd had 54 reported accidents between 2012 and 2015.
Distracted drivers on cellphones have pushed the numbers up in recent years, resulting in more accidents and injuries. We assist our clients in recovering what is owed to them as a result of personal injuries sustained in automobile accidents. We assist our clients in personal injury cases involving accidents in a variety of ways, the most common of which are as follows:
If our client does not know where to go for medical treatment, we assist them in locating a medical facility that will treat their injury.
We assist our clients in locating a medical facility that will treat them and defer billing until we force the insurance company to pay the money that they owe for your injury.
We assist our clients in obtaining reimbursement from their insurance companies for vehicle damage.
We assist our clients in obtaining funds from their insurance companies to pay their medical bills.
We assist our clients in obtaining payment from their insurance company to compensate for lost wages.
We assist our clients by convincing the insurance company to pay the full amount of the settlement for their pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in an accident, call the Law Office of Doug Goyen today at (972) 599 4100 or use our website contact form. Our job is to get you paid for your car accident and injury claims. There is no fee unless you win!
Doug Goyen is my attorney for life time he helped me when no attorney in North Texas helped and HE won my daughters accedent case, he always helped me beyond... read more
Mr. Goyen helped me take on my own insurance company, the great and mighty Allstate. My prior firm basically dumped me, with a permanent injury, because the case didn’t meet... read more
Mr Doug Goyen took care of all the dealings with insurance companies, my employer and other parties. He was effective and professional through the whole ordeal. Excellent communication and timely... read more
Very efficient staff. I am VERY pleased with this firm.
ARLINGTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER CHECKLIST
The following is a checklist of what to do following a car accident. The checklist can be used in any auto accident and is designed to help those who have been injured in a car wreck. The list has information specific to Arlington residents.
At the location of the car accident.
1) Make sure that everyone is okay. Check on yourself first, then your passengers, and finally, if possible, people in other vehicles. Check on everyone’s well-being, and if anyone is hurt, call 911 right away.
2) If an injury occurs, call 911. If anyone is hurt in the accident, call 911 to summon police and an ambulance. When the cops arrive, cooperate with them and give them your version of what happened. Always tell the truth to the cops. You should go to the hospital if the ambulance service recommends it. They are trained professionals who understand that certain symptoms may indicate a dangerous situation. It is always preferable to be safe rather than sorry.
If the Arlington Police Department investigated your accident, you can order a copy of your accident report by following instructions found on the City of Arlington’s website here: Arlington Police Department Accident Reports
3) Gather any witness information you can. If there are any witnesses to the accident, obtain their names, phone numbers, and any other contact information they may provide. Even if the other driver admits fault, they may change their story when the police arrive. If this occurs, you must provide the witness information to the police officer. When people who are at fault in an accident return home and speak with their insurance company, they may change their story. Give your lawyer the witness information in case it is required.
4) Exchange your insurance and identification. While you wait for the cops to arrive, you should exchange information with the other drivers. Texas law requires all drivers involved in a car accident to exchange identification and insurance information, regardless of whether they believe you are at fault. Everyone must share their information. Take photos of the other drivers’ identification and auto insurance with your cellphone.
5) Take photographs. If you are able, you should photograph the damage to the other vehicles at the scene. Take pictures of the damage to your own car as well. Take photos of the accident scene, including tire marks on the road, debris from the accident, and the scene of the accident showing the lanes and traffic, the intersection (if at an intersection), and anything else that will help someone understand what happened and how the accident occurred.
NOTE: If you are unable to complete this checklist due to your injury, you must summon a friend or family member to the accident scene to assist you.
6) Provide the officer with your statement. Cooperate with the officer of the law. When the officer arrives on the scene, he or she will interview each person involved separately, away from the other people involved. You must ensure that you provide your statement to the officer. If you are in pain, discomfort, or have any type of injury, you must notify the officer so that it can be noted on the accident report.
7) Allow paramedics to examine you if you are injured. You should go to the emergency room if the paramedics advise you to. Paramedics are trained and experienced in identifying symptoms and signs that indicate you may be more injured than you realize.
Some people choose to drive themselves or have someone else drive them to the emergency room. When people leave the accident scene and return home, the pain worsens and becomes an emergency. If you are needing to go to the emergency room Arlington has several choices. The following emergency rooms are located in Arlington, Texas:
TotalCare Emergency Room – 3321 S. Cooper St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 224 2887
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital Emergency Room – 800 W. Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 960 6100
USMD Hospital at Arlington: Emergency Room – 801 W. Interstate 20, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 472 3400
Medical City Arlington Emergency Room – 3301 Matlock Rd, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 682 509 4868
PrimeCare Emergency Center – 5912 S Cooper St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 682 253 6515
Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington: Emergency Room – 707 Highlander Blvd, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 583 7007
After You Have Left the Accident
8) If you have been injured in the accident, do not speak with the insurance company. The insurance company is looking for ways to avoid paying injury claims in car accidents. If you talk to them, they will try to ask you questions that will allow them to avoid paying a portion or all of your claim. You are not trained in accident investigations or how insurance adjusters and their lawyers frame questions to get you to say things that they can claim are admissions on your part that you were at fault for part or all of an accident.
9) Conduct research and contact personal injury lawyers who specialize in car accidents. Look online for personal injury lawyers who specialize in car accidents. Inquire with your friends and family if they know of any personal injury lawyers who specialize in car accidents. Call more than one law firm. The top-ranked attorney in a Google search may or may not be a good lawyer. You should plan on calling a few different lawyers to ensure that you are comfortable with the attorney you hire. When looking for a lawyer for your car accident injury case, you should ask what the lawyer will do. Inquire if the lawyer will be available to speak with you.
If you are speaking with a case manager on your first call to the law office, request to speak with the lawyer; if the lawyer is unavailable (which is reasonable; they may be in court, taking a deposition, or speaking with a client), leave a message for the lawyer to call you back. You should not hire an attorney until you have spoken with the attorney who will be handling your case. If you are unable to communicate with the lawyer, do not hire them. Call the next law firm on your list. You must be able to communicate with the lawyer who will be handling your case in order to understand what that lawyer will do for you. Speak with several lawyers about your car accident case before deciding on the best one for you.
10) Get medical attention for your injuries. If you are injured, you must seek medical attention. If you were taken to the hospital or drove yourself there after the accident, the hospital only checks to make sure you don’t have any life-threatening injuries. If you have a serious but non-life-threatening back or neck injury (or another serious but non-life-threatening injury), the hospital will release you and it will be up to you to seek treatment for your injury.
11) Get your own estimate for the damage to your vehicle. The insurance company always writes their initial estimates lower than what it will actually cost to repair a vehicle. They do this in the hopes that you will forego having your vehicle repaired and simply pocket the money. Every time someone does this, it saves insurance companies money.
Issues arise when you want to have your vehicle repaired but the insurance company changes its mind and decides to deny your claim. Your lawyer will need to file a lawsuit for your injuries as well as the damage to your vehicle. You should not rely on the insurance company’s estimate for how much it will cost to repair your vehicle; remember, they always write their original estimate for less than what it will actually cost to repair it. Get your own estimate that shows you exactly how much it will cost to repair your vehicle.
Body Shops: If you were in an accident, most body shops will give you a free estimate. They want your business. The following body shops are in the Arlington area and will write an estimate and will do the repairs.
Clark Brothers Paint & Body – 2003 W. Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 860 0183
Don Davis Body Shop – 2111 W. Division St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 877 379 0469
DFW BODY AND AUTO REPAIR – 815 W. Division St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 459 7990
Trans Auto Body – 1204 Colorado Ln., Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 276 9181
Caliber Collision – 926 W. Division, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 277 5291
G & M Collision Center – 2530 S. Cooper St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 274 8821
Service King Collision Arlington – 2300 W. Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 265 9141
Rental Cars: While your vehicle is undrivable, or while it is being repaired you may need a rental car. When you call the rental car company make sure they know you were in an accident and give them the insurance company’s information. Most rental car companies will set it up so the insurance company pays them directly. If you need a rental, the following rental car companies are in the Arlington area:
Avis Car Rental – 2904 S. Cooper, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 417 8883
Dollar Car Rental – 201 N. Collins St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 701 2222
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 3001 A, S. Cooper St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 467 5603
Budget Car Rental – 3212 E. Abram St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 640 8390
Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 7811 S. Cooper St, Arlington, Texas. Phone +1 817 472 0060
Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Accident and Injury
12) Inform your lawyer if you are having difficulty getting treatment. An attorney who specializes in car accident cases will be able to refer you to a facility that can treat your injury. Inform your attorney if you are unable to afford treatment. Personal injury attorneys can issue letters of protection to medical facilities that accept them. A letter of protection assures the medical facility that they will be paid once the insurance company’s claim is paid. A personal injury attorney who specializes in auto accidents will have a list of medical facilities in the area that accept letters of protection and can treat you for your injury.
13) Give your attorney all of your accident-related bills and records. Give your lawyer copies of all documents, letters, correspondence, bills, records, reports, photos, video, audio, and anything else related to your accident and injury. They require copies of everything related to your accident, vehicle damage, and injury. Include any explanations of benefits (EOBs) from any health insurance that may have covered a portion of your injury claim. The attorney requires copies of everything to ensure that nothing is overlooked during the investigation of your case and that all necessary information is gathered to ensure that you receive full compensation for your case.
14) Maintain contact with your lawyer. The majority of clients maintain contact with their attorneys. However, people may move, get married, divorce, or experience some other life event that causes them to lose contact with their lawyer. Your lawyer must be able to communicate with you. If you move, change phones, change emails or anything else that may affect how your lawyer can contact you, please notify your lawyer so that they can contact you about your case.
OUR AREAS OF PRACTICE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18-wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, and so on), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the wrongful act of another.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on getting better and caring for yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks cause significant damage and injuries. We will fight for you to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and that your rights are protected while you recover.
Every year, drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the harm and damage they’ve caused you.
Pedestrians who are hit by a vehicle can sustain serious injuries. We represent people who have been injured by negligent drivers and assist them in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are struck by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by negligent drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hit by a careless driver. We are battling the insurance company to obtain all of the compensation that is owed to us.
We assist clients in obtaining compensation for injuries sustained as a result of unsafe conditions on their property. Businesses owe it to their customers to keep their establishments safe.
Dog owners who are irresponsible with their animals are liable for any damage caused by their negligence. We work with the insurance company to obtain compensation for injuries caused by careless dog owners.
When someone dies as a result of negligence, the family and estate can sue the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in their efforts to obtain restitution for their losses.
Personal injuries are caused by negligence, assaults, and other acts in which those who cause the injury are held liable for the injury. We assist people with personal injury cases in obtaining the compensation they are owed for the harm they have caused.
FREE CASE REVIEWS
Do you need to speak to a personal injury lawyer in Arlington, Texas? Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen and speak to our Arlington car accident lawyer for a free phone consultation and a free strategy session regarding your personal injury case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identifying the legal issues involved in your case, and identification of those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your personal injury case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep.
CITY OF ARLINGTON, TEXAS
Arlington, Texas is located in Tarrant County and has a 2019 estimated population of 398,854 people. The city is the seventh-largest city in Texas. The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides services to the Arlington area as well as all of Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and the surrounding cities. We proudly represent personal injury cases for people in Arlington, Texas who have been injured in car accidents.
Car Accident Injury Resources in Arlington, Texas
- Arlington Police Department – Main Station / North District Service Center – 620 W Division St, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 459 5700
- East Arlington Police Services Center – 2001 New York Ave, Arlington, TX 76010. Phone +1 817 459 5802
- Arlington Police Department – West District Service Center – 2060 W Green Oaks Blvd, Arlington, TX 76013. Phone +1 817 459 6040
- Arlington Police Department – South District Service Center – 1030 SW Green Oaks Blvd, Arlington, TX 76017. Phone +1 817 459 6640
- Arlington Police-Auto Pound – 1108 Harrison Ave, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 265 1336
ARLINGTON VISITORS INVOLVED IN ACCIDENTS
If you are visiting Arlington, Texas and are involved in an auto accident, you may find yourself in need of temporary lodging and food due to the need to stay in Arlington for an extended period of time as a result of the accident. Arlington has the following restaurants, hotels, and activities.
Restaurants in Arlington, Texas
Pioneer Restaurant – 306 109th St, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 633 4433
Twisted Root Burger Co. – 310 E Abram St #100, Arlington, TX 76010. Phone +1 817 201 9669
Restaurant506 – 506 N Center St #7145, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 801 5541
Grease Monkey Burger Shop – 200 N Mesquite St #103, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 761 1656
Flying Fish – 300 E Abram St, Arlington, TX 76010. Phone +1 817 303 3335
Hotels in Arlington, Texas
Live! by Loews – Arlington, Texas – 1600 E Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 855 399 4063
Days Inn by Wyndham Arlington Six Flags/AT&T Stadium – 910 N Collins St, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 261 8444
The Sanford House Inn & Spa – 506 N Center St, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 861 2129
Lux Hotel and Spa Trademark Collection by Wyndham – 117 S Watson Rd, Arlington, TX 76010. Phone +1 817 633 4000
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District – 1500 Nolan Ryan Expy, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 277 2774
Attractions in Arlington, Texas
Six Flags Over Texas – 2201 E Road to Six Flags St, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 640 8900
Globe Life Park in Arlington – 1000 Ballpark Way, Arlington, TX 76011. Phone +1 817 273 5222
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! – 601 E Palace Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX 75050. Phone +1 972 263 2391
River Legacy Parks – 701 NW Green Oaks Blvd, Arlington, TX 76006. Phone +1 817 459 5474
Hurricane Harbor Arlington – 1800 E Lamar Blvd, Arlington, TX 76006. Phone +1 817 640 8900
PLEASE REVIEW US AT:
Our office is conveniently located off the North Dallas Tollway a few miles from the Galleria. We are located in the Madison Business Center at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001. Directions to our office from Arlington, Texas are as follows: I-30 towards Dallas. Once at downtown Dallas take I-35 north, then exit Tollway North past I 635, from the tollway, exit Keller Springs Road – stay in the far left lane, take a u-turn under the tollway on to the Parkway, our office is the second building on your right. The Madison Business Center.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving