Dallas Auto Accident Attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen understand how the local courts, judges, jury pools, compensation in similar cases, and how the insurance adjusters and their lawyers handle injury cases. This gives our lawyers an advantage at the negotiations and trial if needed. Call us at (972) 599 4100 to speak to our Dallas side-impact accident attorney. We will start working on your case today.
Side-impact collisions are among the most common and dangerous types of accidents on Dallas and Texas roads. A side-impact collision occurs when one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. This type of collision, also known as a “T-bone” or “broadside collision,” is frequently caused by merging into another vehicle’s lane, speeding through a red light, or t-boning another vehicle at an intersection.
According to the NHTSA, over 9,000 fatalities, or 29 percent of all occupant fatalities, occurred as a result of a side impact in 2003. The Texas Department of Transportation reported over 97,610 traffic accidents due to failure to yield the right of way in 2019, where many of these accidents involved side impacts with injuries and fatalities. Side-impact collisions are more likely to cause car damage and injuries to the occupants of vehicles.
SIDE COLLISION INJURY TYPES
In a side-impact collision, drivers and passengers are likely to sustain injuries to the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis, and/or limbs. Side-impact accidents are more likely to injure occupants on the struck side of a car and occupants of lighter-weight vehicles, as would be expected. Contact with a person sitting next to them in the car may also injure occupants of a vehicle in a side-impact crash. These injuries can be severe and, in some cases, fatal. Common injuries from side-impact collisions include:
WHAT TO DO AFTER A SIDE-IMPACT CAR CRASH
This checklist is intended for anyone who has been in a car accident. It also includes information for those who have been injured as a result of a side-impact collision and need a Dallas side-impact accident attorney.
1) Call 911 to contact law enforcement or emergency services. If you are injured, you will require the assistance of police officers and paramedics. The paramedics will assist you in determining the severity of your injury and whether you need to be taken to the hospital. If you are injured, medical personnel should examine you to ensure that you are not more seriously injured than you believe.
The police would interview the drivers and witnesses and compile a report during their investigation. If the Addison Police Department handled the accident, you can obtain a copy of the police report.
Any injury-causing accident will be investigated by the police, and a report will be written. Before filing a police report, they will interview you, the other passengers, and any witnesses on the scene. They also obtain all of the parties’ identification information, as well as information about their vehicle liability insurance.
2) Compile a list of potential witnesses. If any witnesses come forward to help, you can get their names and contact information. They might not be able to wait long before the cops arrive.
Even if the witness did not see the crash directly, they may have overheard people admitting who was at fault. This will be useful if other drivers later change their story about what happened.
3) Obtain the identification and insurance information for the other drivers. Make a list of all your drivers’ names, phone numbers, and addresses, as well as a copy of their driver’s license (photograph it if possible) for verification – you need to make sure they are who they say they are – and car insurance.
If your accident prevents you from gathering this information, have a friend or family member come to the scene and help you.
4) Take pictures of the damage and the accident scene. Take photos of all the vehicles on the scene, including your own, to show the extent of the damage and where the vehicles are located. Perform this step even if the vehicles have been relocated.
The photographs taken at the scene of the damage serve as proof of the extent of the damage. Photos of the damage can often help recreate how the accident occurred in the event of a dispute. If you are unable to do so, arrange for a friend or family member to come to the scene and assist.
5) If you are injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you are injured, an ambulance may be required to transport you to the hospital. If you do not call an ambulance but later discover that you have been injured, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible so that medical professionals can treat your injury.
6) Do not communicate with the insurance company. If you are injured, the job of the insurance adjuster is to pay as little as possible for your injury claim. They will deny the claim if they can get you to say something that allows them to do so. Request that your attorney speak with the insurance company on your behalf.
7) Retain the services of a lawyer to handle your claim. Hire a personal injury attorney who specializes in car accidents. Before hiring a lawyer, consult with them. Do not sign up with a law firm that does not allow you to speak with their lawyer before asking you to sign a contract.
DAMAGES AVAILABLE AFTER A DALLAS COLLISION
Whether you’re suing an insurance company or a negligent third party, you can seek compensation for:
Don’t accept less money than you deserve. Make sure you understand how much your case is worth. Our lawyers have worked hard to build a network of injury experts throughout the city. These experts can provide important information and insight into the more complex aspects of your case. We can better understand your injuries and how they may affect you in the future with their assistance. This will assist us in determining the value of your case.
GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR SIDE-IMPACT ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
When a driver’s carelessness results in personal injury, death, or property damage, the harmed party has the legal right under Texas law to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for medical bills, lost income, disability, scarring or disfigurement, or wrongful death.
Accidents almost always happen for a reason. If a side-impact accident occurs as a result of a driver’s reckless or negligent driving, anyone who is injured or loses a loved one in that accident should be financially compensated. They should be compensated for their medical bills and other monetary losses, as well as their pain and suffering.
The law limits the amount of time an injured party can wait before taking legal action. As a result, it is critical to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. Contact our Dallas side-impact accident attorney right away. Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen’s car crash injury attorneys at (972) 599 4100.
FREE CASE REVIEWS
If you are looking for a Dallas auto accident lawyer, call (972) 599 4100. We offer free phone consultations. We also provide a free strategy session. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, legal issues involved, and legal issues we identify as being critical to maximizing the compensation owed.
THERE IS NO FEE IF WE DO NOT WIN
You owe us nothing if we are unable to recover. We charge a contingency fee structured to take a percentage of what we recover. As a performance-based contract, the better we do for you, the better we do for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with our client’s interests.
DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Causes of Accidents Pages:
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages: