If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident our Dallas auto accident injury attorney can assist you in recovering quickly and rebuilding your life. Since 1997, the Law Office of Doug Goyen has successfully represented thousands of injured clients in a serious accident and personal injury cases in Dallas and throughout Texas.
If you were injured in an accident, you are probably concerned about unpaid medical bills, getting treatment for your injury and how you will pay for it, missed work and lost income as a result of the injury, receiving the full settlement value for your personal injury claim from the insurance adjuster, and hiring a personal injury lawyer who will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Case: An 18-wheeler collides and injures people, but the driver lies about what happened:
The insurance company denied the case based on their driver’s statement. Because of the heavy rain, witnesses did not remain at the scene of the collision. We were able to find their information on the 911 tapes and records. These witnesses corroborated our client’s account of the collision.
When we first spoke with our client about his case, the 18-wheeler’s insurance company had already denied liability. The client and his family were on the verge of giving up on the case because they couldn’t find any evidence to prove they were telling the truth about how the collision happened. The accident happened late at night during a heavy rainstorm on the highway. The 18-wheeler driver claimed our client changed lanes in front of him, causing the collision. The police officer’s report agreed with the 18 wheeler, but due to our client’s injuries, the officer was unable to obtain our client’s side of the story. Because no eyewitnesses remained at the scene, the police officer had to rely on the word of the 18-wheeler driver when he wrote his report.
We requested the 911 tapes to see if there were any additional witnesses. On those 911 tapes, we overheard witnesses who were not listed on the police report. The witnesses on the 911 tapes had seen the collision happen. We found the witnesses and obtained their statements. According to the 911 tapes, the 18 wheeler was speeding, and the trailer hydroplaned on the wet roads into our client’s lane, knocking our client’s vehicle off the road and forcing it to roll over several times.
We filed a lawsuit and forced the 18-wheeler’s insurance company to settle for a six-figure sum.
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
- 18 wheeler collision on a rainy night
- Broken gate leads to large dog attacking woman walking her small dog
- A bus rolls up onto the curb and strikes a pedestrian who was waiting for the walk sign at the light.
- Car Wreck with the other driver incriminating himself on the police dash-cam
- Child injured by an automatic gate at an apartment complex
- An employer causes a dangerous condition that causes serious injury to an employee
- Pallet left in the shopping aisle at an office supply company caused a fall and injury
- Pedestrian crossing street knocked 20 feet down the road
- The trucking company’s sheet-metal it is hauling flies off a truck into the path of traffic causing a collision
- Woman knocked headfirst into the bumper of a parked car in a parking lot